“Ideally between Dominical / Uvita / Ballena National Park”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dominical
Liquid Magic Surf Resort
Ranked #7 of 14 Dominical B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Ideally between Dominical / Uvita / Ballena National Park”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Eugene and Caroline are great hosts and know everyone in the area. Great insider info for the area and really nice place to chill. I rent a 4x4 to enjoy the area and if it rains you need one to get to Liquid Magic.

You don't have to surf to enjoy this spot, nice pool, beautiful plants and lots of birds and monkeys in the area. You won't get that in Dominical.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Loved the setting, the views, the nature, the surf, and Dominical. Liquid Magic's cabinas were clean and comfortable, and we enjoyed the quiet natural seclusion. I've known Eugene, the owner, for a few years and he's a first class guy. Eugene, Caroline are, as others have said, perfect hosts.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lance B
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Eugene and Caroline are by far the most hospitable couple Ive ever had the pleasure of staying with. A southern couple by birth, their true southern rootsy charm is evident the moment you step through the doors of Liquid Magic Surf Resort. Both go out of their way to accommodate their guests, which for us translated into one of the best travel experiences we've had so far. Restaurant recommendations, surf reports, car rental connections, transfers to Uvita, directions, waterfall tours, etc come standard when staying with this amazing couple. They also offer a multitude of differing spa treatments on site that are guaranteed to leave you relaxed and ready for all that awaits you in Costa Rica. All of this plus super comfortable and clean rooms and an awesome mountain top pool perfect for watching the monkeys and Toucans pass by. We just left but are planning to return as soon as time permits.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have stayed here twice...once with adults and once with my grandchildren (ages 4 and 2 years)! The owners (Eugene and Caroline) are perfect hosts. The cabinas are so nice and the pool was so clean (perfect for early morning or after beach swim!) You're close to beautiful beaches and restaurants but you feel so secluded! Perfect vacation spot!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I highly highly recommend Liquid Magic Surf Resort to anyone traveling through Costa Rica. The owners, Eugene & Caroline Mitchell, have created a beautiful resort that is tucked away in the hills of Dominical. They are two of the most friendly, accommodating, and gracious hosts I have ever met in my travels. They can give you tips on local restaurants and tourist attractions (waterfalls, paddle-boarding, ziplining, etc.). The resort is beautifully landscaped and offers two small cabinas, an outdoor kitchen/dining/lounge area (great for cooking and relaxing), and a beautiful pool and hot tub (absolute necessities in the Costa Rican heat!). You can appreciate the beauty of the jungle in your backyard while still having the luxury of a beautiful resort. (Air conditioning, beautiful stone shower, large bath-tub). This resort was the perfect place to stay for my first trip to Costa Rica. I will definitely return to this resort next time. It really is the perfect spot if you plan on staying in the Dominical/Uvita region of Costa Rica. If possible, I would recommend traveling with a group of 4-6 and renting out both rooms for the ultimate experience. Private, intimate, and beautiful.

There is also a spa area available to guests at Liquid Magic Surf Resort, which offers select spa services such as massage, mud baths, and energy work. I took advantage having energy work done by Eugene--such a relaxing experience. It was my first time ever trying anything like it and I am incredibly happy with the results. I felt rejuvenated and peaceful and could immediately notice a significant difference in my emotional well-being. I felt happier, calmer, content and more open emotionally. I can't imagine a more perfect place to be introduced to such a beautiful experience. If you stay here, I would definitely ask Eugene about trying it out.

I have beautiful pictures to share, but the Trip Advisor website is having issues uploading them....

Room Tip: There are only 2 rooms to rent out. Both are great! Love the intimacy of the resort.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Me, my husband and our young daughter (3 years old, so yes, this place is kid friendly) just came back and had a truly amazing time.
This was a perfect place to relax and unwind and forget about everything. The accommodation is simple but beautiful, and only offers two rooms. The owners, Eugene (a surfer who grow the bamboo and the wood to build his house and the rooms) and Caroline, are extremely nice and helpful, and have decided to keep it very much a family business, so they have decided not to advertise it on internet and have not placed any sign on the road, so it was kind of difficult to find at first (especially since we did not book it in advance, so we had no communication with them at all, and we just decided on the spur of the moment that we liked the surroundings and we wanted to have a look at this place, given the reviews inTA), but this makes this place even more special, as it is definetely off the beaten track, and feels exclusive, and we felt like it was home which is a rare feeling when you're traveling. The local area was beautiful and unspoilt, close to Dominical and Uvita, and we enjoyed spending evenings sitting on the deck listening to the jungle around us, the howler monkey and, balm crickets, and spotting Tucans, marveling at how lucky we were to have found this place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Pura Vida!! Not sure where to start re: my trip. First and foremost, I would like to thank the owners of "Liquid Magic Surf Resort," Eugene and Caroline Mitchell. They could not have been more accommodating, positive, wonderful people if they tried.

I am a female traveler who went to Costa Rica to grieve the loss of my husband. I could not have picked a better place to stay. Their property is so naturally beautiful and therapeutic that I did not want to leave. Eugene practices the ancient healing art of "Shen" which helps you balance your energy and release all negative emotions. Caroline practices "Reiki" which is along the same lines. They have a very special healing room located in their spa. Massage was performed by an amazing massage therapist named "Cali," she has magic fingers. They all made me feel so special and it appeared that their main goal was to work as a team to help me heal.

The property itself is secluded in the middle of the rainforest. The sounds of parrots, birds, howler monkeys, frogs, and gentle breezes against the lush vegetation is heavenly. The property is Eco-friendly and made of all local woods, which are incredibly beautiful. Eugene designed and built all of this himself with the help of locals. They have a stream that feels like a quiet rush. It's a very short walk down the steps nature provided.

The cabina I stayed in was perfect and clean. Comfortable bed, nice Roman tub and shower. The bay window opens to the rainforest. It had a wrap around porch with comfortable outdoor furniture. I had my coffee there every morning, and read my books at night. The sounds of the rainforest helped me feel refreshed in the morning, and put me to sleep every night.
They have a beautiful pool with a waterfall. I found it very hard to leave the property.

The beautiful couple took me to an incredible beach to spread my husbands ashes at sunset. They also took me to a nice place for ceviche. They prepared food for me which was all organic and grown on their little slice of paradise.

I could go on for a few more days about my wonderful experience, but I think you get the picture. I highly recommend this resort to anyone and everyone. You can find them on FB as well with many pictures I have shared. If you want to experience the best, most relaxing trip of your life, I recommend the "Liquid Magic Surf Resort!!" I'm a world traveler and have stayed at 5 stars all over the world. I would trade this in for the Ritz any day. :)

Pura Vida!!