Review Highlights
Mangrovetour SUP

We did a great sup-tour through mangroves. There were no people around only nature. It was amazing... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
ElisabethB2465
Vienna, Austria
via mobile
Trust these guys to take you on and adventure you won’t forget!

I visited Dominical in October and one of my must do things was to go Kayaking on the mangroves and... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Ecjamieson
Reading, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews mangrove tour pineapple fresh fruit clams whale's tail mangrove trees guide victor paddle boarding stand up paddle board costa rica easy paddle eco system ocean kayak dry bags some great photos took pictures excellent tour
Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

Brought my friend visiting from the US...this was one of her favorite things we did! Saw lots of birds, a racoon, 4 sloths and white face monkeys up close on the river bank. Victor and Japo were great guides. Thanks for a great day!

Rachel W, Owner at Pineapple Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2017

Thank you so much for your excellent review! I'm glad this was one of your friends' favorite things to do in Costa Rica! Thank you for coming with us and hope to show you some of our other tours soon!

Reviewed June 22, 2017

Had an enjoyable tour of the mangroves with guide Victor. Family of six with several who were very inexperienced at kayaking. Victor was very informative and pleasant as he spotted animals and plants throughout the tour. We saw sloths, monkeys, the famous JC lizard, and many birds during our trip. At the conclusion the fresh fruit snack was delightful. We also appreciated all of the pictures taken by Victor and included in our tour. I would definately reccomend this event.

Rachel W, Owner at Pineapple Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2017

Thank you so much for your great review! I love how you called him the "famous JC Lizard!" It's true, those creatures are pretty cool! I'm glad you and your family enjoyed yourselves. Please visit us again when you come back to Costa Rica!

Reviewed June 21, 2017

We had a group of 11 take a morning mangrove tour. We met the guides in Dominical and we were met with cold water and hot coffee. We asked to change us out of some of the single kayaks to double kayaks (of which they only had two) and they kindly took care of that. We then followed them about 20 minutes north of Dominical to the mangroves, stopping once to check out a sloth. At the entry point to the river, the guides helped us all get into our kayaks...they also had dry bags for our gear, binoculars, hats, bug spray, and sunscreen. They took care of everything! They also kept a guide back to watch after our vehicles.

The tour itself was wonderful, relaxing, and beautiful. We say plenty of Capuchin monkeys, some boa skin, lizards galore, all types of birds, etc. The guides were very informative and friendly. One took our pictures all along the route. We did not have to put a lot of physical effort into going "upstream" and after about an hour, we turned around and journeyed back through the mangroves and out to the mouth of the river/inlet. We were able to get out of the kayaks and walk around the beach for a bit before getting back in the kayaks and heading back to our cars. On the way back, our 12 year old found it a bit tiring, so one of the guides actually towed him back in. However, it was not that difficult a ride back in (my 65 year old mother did it without much effort).

We were met back the cars with a wonderful spread of fresh fruit and water! It was so tasty! Upon arriving back home, we received an e-mail with all of the pictures and it was such a delight to see all the memories. I highly recommend Pineapple Tours and would gladly take another tour with them again!

Thanks, Sean, for your awesome review! Which, by the way, was our 500th Review!!! We are so grateful that you took the time to leave us a comment on TripAdvisor.com. It's a great resource for people to read other people's true and honest opinions! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Pura Vida!

Reviewed June 20, 2017

My adventure with Pineapple Tours was just great! We chose to try paddle boarding or Sup as it's called through the Mangroves! I wasn't sure if I would be able to do it but our guide Victor made things very easy for me to get the hang of it! He was super laid back and really nice! When we arrived, we were the only guests. They had coffee for us which was nice because I didn't get enough before I left the house. It was a short, lovely ride to the Mangroves. After a moment of steadying myself we were off on a lesuirly paddle. Seeing lots of birds, a few monkeys and some cows along the river bank. They just looked at of with great curiosity! We also reached were the river meets the sea. We walked over and dipped our feet in the ocean and enjoyed watching the waves. Victor was great. Explaining the different types of Mangroves and how important they are to everything! After almost 2 hours my arms were getting weak and my shoulders were getting red. We pulled up to where we began just in the nick of time were they had a beautiful array of fruits for us! Also some field guides about all the animals in the area. It was just what we were looking for! Pineapple Tours is a great way to spend your afternoon! Plus, Victor took some great photos of us along the way and sent them in an e-mail right after the trip! I haven't downloaded them yet, but I'll post some when I do!!!

Rachel W, Owner at Pineapple Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2017

Thanks so much for your awesome review! I'm glad you got the hang of Paddle boarding right away. It really is an easy sport for most people.....on flat water. Ocean is a different story of course!
Please visit us again when you come back and we can take you out to the ocean next time.

Reviewed June 13, 2017 via mobile

My wife, son, and I booked the Mangrove tour online the day before as we were in town. On the way to the insert point we stopped to view two types of sloths and other unique things. Victor, our guide, was knowledgeable and personal. He explained the habitat and led us through the ecosystem on our two hour plus paddle (nice easy paddle and not difficult). He took photos and sent them to us all after. Great experience!

We had a great time and will use Pineapple tours in the future.

Rachel W, Owner at Pineapple Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2017

Thank you SO much for your awesome review, Jason! I'm glad you decided to come on our Mangrove Kayak Tour. It's such a magical, inspiration and educational tour. Different from many of the high adrenaline activities in the area. Please visit us again soon!