“Do this!”

Pineapple Tours
Ranked #1 of 16 Tours in Dominical
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer Kayak and Stand Up Paddleboard tours for all levels and ages in Dominical, Costa Rica. Tours to Mangroves (Hatillo Nuevo or Matapalo), Ventanas Caves, Whale's Tail at Marino Ballena National Park, Rio Baru, and other locations. It's an amazing way to discover the beauty, nature and adventure of this tropical paradise. Whether you are kayaking through enchanting mangrove estuaries, searching for exotic birds and animals, paddling through adrenaline-filled ocean caves, snorkeling and wave riding at the Whale's Tail at Marino Ballena National Park, or just a lazy paddle up the rio Baru, our 10 years experience and knowledgeable, local guides will leave you with memories and a HUGE smile. Rentals available too.
Waterford, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Do this!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had the pleasure of kayaking the Hatillo Mangroves with our guide, Carlos, while on vacation in Costa Rica. What a fun trip this was! We saw loads of wildlife and Carlos was a joy to hang out with for a few hours. He was informative, professional, fun, and very engaging with my three teenage sons. I also appreciate his sensitivity to my fear of "big" water (there wasn't a thing to fear, by the way). The fruit spread at the end was delicious! This trip was one of the highlights of our vacation, and I only wished I had the guts to do the ocean kayaking, as well. Maybe next time ;).

Visited July 2013

Chicago, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wildlife viewing from a relaxed vantage point”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had an excellent mangrove tour with Pineapple Kayak Tours. We came with a group of 17 and 18 year-old wildlife biology students. Our guides were knowledgeable and taught us about the different types of mangroves and the animals we saw, while keeping everything fun. We saw a heron on its nest, darting kingfishers and many other birds. The fruit buffet that was spread out on our return was enthusiastically gobbled by our youth while Carlos and Deyner answered their many questions about Costa Rica. Floating along in the mangrove ecosystem is an excellent way to view wildlife, and Pineapple Kayak Tours does a fantastic, professional job. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mangrove tour with Rachel was great!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Rachel from Pineapple tours is a fantastic guide. She is knowledgeable, super friendly, and clearly LOVES sharing nature with others. I seriously don't think you could ask for a better guide to the mangroves.

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Epic Adventure!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I had the fantastic opportunity to kayak with Rachel at Pineapple Kayak Tours. This was my first adventure kayaking and it left me wanting to do this more often. Rachel was extremely knowledgeable about the area. I was also fortunate that on my kayak trip Carlos was along. So we had two VERY friendly and capable guides. It was one of the highlights of my time in Costa Rica! I would highly recommend this to anyone whether your a beginner or experienced at kayaking. Double Thumbs up shaking in the air! Thanks for a Epic Adventure!

Detroit, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A great addition to our trip”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had a perfectly lovely time kayaking in the Hatillo mangroves with Rachel and her assistant. We got to see lots of wildlife, including all three sizes of Kingfisher, many other species of birds, an adorable otter, iguanas, and a tiny green water lizard. The mangroves are gorgeous and peaceful and Rachel is a very knowledgeable guide. Everything was enjoyable (except my husband getting sunburns on his ankles!) - the weather, the tour itself, and the refreshing fruit snack at the end. Would do this again in a heartbeat - but maybe try the sea cave adventure next. Recommendation: do some deltoid muscle work before your vacation, or you will get sore shoulders from paddling; wear a hat and sunglasses and put lots of zinc oxide on any exposed skin.