“An unforgettable and exhilarating experience!”
Review of Pineapple Tours

Pineapple Tours
Ranked #1 of 16 Tours in Dominical
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer Kayak and Stand Up Paddleboard tours for all levels and ages in Dominical, Costa Rica. Tours to Mangroves (Hatillo Nuevo or Matapalo), Ventanas Caves, Whale's Tail at Marino Ballena National Park, Rio Baru, and other locations. It's an amazing way to discover the beauty, nature and adventure of this tropical paradise. Whether you are kayaking through enchanting mangrove estuaries, searching for exotic birds and animals, paddling through adrenaline-filled ocean caves, snorkeling and wave riding at the Whale's Tail at Marino Ballena National Park, or just a lazy paddle up the rio Baru, our 10 years experience and knowledgeable, local guides will leave you with memories and a HUGE smile. Rentals available too.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I spent this winter in the south west coast of Costa Rica! I fell in love with the beauty of the land and the outdoor activities that abound! One of my favorite experiences while I was there, was the ocean kayaking tour. Nego, our guide and owner, took us to one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. The beach has been formed by volcanoes and has many caves to kayak through. He was very knowledgable about the land, sea and wildlife. He also stressed all the safety procedures for this advanced tour. Going through the caves was so exhilarating! Seeing the sea turtles swim by and all the ocean birds perched everywhere was awesome! We surfed the waves back on to shore where the most bountiful lunch was served with fresh tropical fruit and fresh coconut water. A couple of weeks later, I took the mangrove tour with Nego's partner and wife, Rachel. It was a completely different but just as wonderful. It was relaxing and meditative and Rachel was equally as knowledgeable about the complex mangrove eco-system. We also and incredible lunch on our arrival back to shore. These tours are not to be missed!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Three of us took the guided mangrove tour with Rachel and it was a great time. She knows the area well, her enthusiasm was contagious and she's incredibly knowledgeable on the local flora and fauna This was key for us since one of us is a biologist and wanted to know the details on the birds we saw. It was peaceful, low key, no stress and gorgeous. Rachel understood what we were looking for with the tour and delivered well. It's a bit pricey if you're on a budget but it's on par with other options in town. I'm a bit leery of tours but would definitely recommend this one. Thanks again for a great afternoon and sunset tour in Dominical!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Just recently I was in Dominical, Costa Rica visiting some good friends. I wanted to do something adventurous, yet not feel like such a tourist at the same time. My friends recommended to me the mangrove kayaking tour with Rachel and Nego. It was a very peaceful experience paddling through the mangroves with Rachel. Both Rachel and Nego are super knowledgable about the mangrove swamps and the wildlife Costa Rica has to offer. Great people, great time, and fresh fruit at the end of the trip. What more can you ask for. I recommend this to anyone who's into nature and is adventurous!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

i recently traveled to costa rica from colorado, to attend the envision music festival & to get away from the snow. i met nego & rachel, owners of pineapple kayak tours. their tour was one of the highlights of my trip, not only are nego & rachel welcoming, they are also knowledgable about the land and the wild life around them! i learned so much about birds from rachel, i was spotting them the rest of my trip. taking the kayak tour made me feel more in touch with my surroundings & the land i was visiting. not to mention taking a break and eating fresh costa rican fruit on the beach in the middle of our tour was awesome! from sloth swimming holes, to seeing iguanas in the trees, pineapple kayak tours aloud me to spend time on the water and see costa rica in a different way. i highly recommend this tour!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We went to Dominical to get a bit off the beaten path. This trip was part of that. Kayaking through the mangroves is magical, and Rachel was the best of guides, identifying every animal and bird. There was even fresh fruit at the end of the trip. Highly recommended!