Jolly Roger
Ranked #4 of 47 Restaurants in Dominical
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mom and Pop Wing Joint with 23 different wing flavors, hand pattied half pound burgers with hand cut fries, 12 different tequilas, large beer selection, a great view and a fun friendly atmosphere. Come on up the mountain. You'll be glad you did. Oh! CASH ONLY!!! NO CREDIT CARDS!!! I REPEAT CASH OuNLY. Open Monday - Sunday 12pm - 9pm. Kitchen open later on Satuday nights when you just might find a poker game going on. 4Wd recommended.
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Best wings I've had...Ever!!! The flavors of these wings are legit, and made fresh with each batch. The bartender was very welcoming, and with the amazing views you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We tried this restaurant a few times on our vacation in CR as it was very near the house we rented. The ride up to it is not for the faint of heart, but it's worth the challenge. Great wings and burgers--we tried several varieties of each. Friendly staff, cool atmosphere. A win all around.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

For better and worse, the Jolly Roger is a little slice of the U.S. nestled on a Costa Rican hillside. A limited menu built on chicken wings, hamburgers and tortilla pizzas, what they serve is good but a bit pricey. The wait staff was very friendly and accommodating, if a little overwhelmed. We got a great view of a thunderstorm in the distance, but otherwise it was sort of like eating at my neighborhood sports bar minus the walls. So if you get to missing the U.S. on your trip, be sure to stop by. If you're in Costa Rica to experience Costa Rica, you may want to skip it.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

On a whim, we visited BJR on a rainy night. We followed the signs up a steep hill that kept telling us the joint was just ahead. We were scared. it was dark. the roads were bumpy and steep and then, like a mirage, we saw it. There were many people there and the place was hoppin'. the host greeted us, explained the menu and thanked us for making the drive. it was worth it. husband had wings and loved them. The boys exhaled their burgers and I enjoyed the pizza. It was a wonderful family experience in Costa Rica.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife and I found out about Jolly Roger from a 14 year-old boy whose family vacations is Costa Rica each year. After his suggestion, we made the trek up to BJR. To say "it didn't disappoint" would be an understatement. Hands down, the crunchiest and most flavorful wings I've ever had. I ordered the Honey BBQ, while my bride ordered the Honey Garlic. They even gave us their chocolate cake on the house for our honeymoon.

BJR was SO GOOD that we made a trip back the very next night. This time we ordered the Troubadour (Buffalo flavor with lime and cilantro) and the lemon pepper, and they were even better. All four flavors were great, but the Troubadour was UNREAL.

Wayne, Lyle, and Clinton took tremendous care of us and made the experience even more enjoyable. Talking about football and what brought them to Costa Rica was like a little piece of America in this jungle paradise. I told them we might make the trip back back to Costa Rica simply because of Jolly Roger, and I wasn't even joking. If you love wings, great people, and a great view, then you cannot beat it. Truly outstanding.