“This tour is underrated on this website it should be rated higher.”

Nauyaca Waterfalls - Horseback Riding Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Nauyaca Waterfalls is a totally Costa Rican owned family tourism company, dedicated for several years to tour operations. These are horseback riding tours, traveling through the farm that border with two impressive waterfalls from Rio Barucito. These majestic waterfalls are one of the main attractions of the southern region in Costa Rica, not only for their natural scenic beauty, which offers the tourist moments of recreation and fun, but also to participate in different activities such as horseback ridign tours, swimming, climbing, jumping and to observe much of the beauty of the tropical rainforest, among others. Nauyaca Waterfalls is the ideal place, not only for those in search of tranquility and nature, but also for adventure and excitement lovers. They are a reference point for adventure ecotourism as they are recognized worldwide for their beauty and the excellent services they provide.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“This tour is underrated on this website it should be rated higher.”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

This tour was the best adventure tour I have seen or taken in Costa Rica.I have beeen to Costa Rica numerous times and tried numerous tours.I highly recommend this tour.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank VBGUY_12

Lena, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food was fantanstic and the guides were fun!”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

The waterfalls are beautiful and the tour guides make it extra fun with their encouragement to jump off from the rocks and their daredevil dives! Both breakfast and lunch were delicious and served in the open air next to macaws, toucans and peacocks.

Visited April 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great horseback ride to a breathtaking waterfall!”
Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

I have never been on a horse, and was pretty hesitant to go. My friend made me, and told them that I had experience when she booked. I was freaked, but the horses are so well behaved. I just trotted along and enjoyed the scenery, and my friends that wanted to speed off did just that. The horses are trained really well, and the waterfall was amazing!!! Don't miss this tour!

Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great value! Great fun!”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

My husband and I are not horse people at all, but we heard so many positive things about this trip that we had to go. The wranglers were friendly and helpful. The food was tasty. Our horses were appropriate to our riding levels. The swim at the waterfalls was refreshing. We particularly enjoyed climbing up the waterfall and jumping off into the water. We highly recommend this trip!

Visited March 2012
San Jose, Costa Rica
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“really worth it!!”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

we didn't take the horseback tour, we decided to walk ($ 5 each) with our puppies to enjoy the tour at our own pace. the road is very demanding physically, but it is rewarding to see the different pools, birds, and finally the spectacular waterfall,
A Few tips to do the hike
an early start in the morning to avoid the high temperatures after 10am
bring lots of liquids, the only place where you can buy a natural drink is after 2 kilometers, is the only one!
go directly to the waterfall option 2, do not waste time visiting option 1 and finally bring your camera!!!

Visited March 2012