“Consistently great food and service”
Review of PorQueNo?

PorQueNo?
Ranked #4 of 45 Restaurants in Dominical
Cuisines: Contemporary, Central American, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Within the Costa-Paraiso boutique hotel, just two km South of Dominical, Por Que No is one of the region's best dining experiences, with an ocean view. With 'tasty treats & funky beats', Por Que No is known for our great dinner specials, delicious wood-fired pizza, healthy smoothies and hit the spot coffees. For those that don't want to cook or need a packed lunch at the beach, check out our take out options.
Lakewood, Colorado
“Consistently great food and service”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

If you're looking for anything from traditional Costa Rican dishes to wonderful paella or wood fired pizza, you should check out Por Que No? My friend and I spent a week surfing in Dominical and ate here many times for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Every meal was excellent! From the quality of the food to the friendliness of the staff we had a consistently wonderful experience!

Visited January 2014
Jo B, Guest Relations Manager at PorQueNo?, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Thanks very much for the great feedback...it was great having you two here during your surf week. You were such great company...here's to hoping you guys are coming back soon (bring vitamix...lol)

Cheers,

• Slovak first
Santa Cruz, California
“Fresh Coconut Water”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Completely taken away by the view. I had a lovely lunch here, the food was very tasty (I had the pad thai). I think my favorite feature was that they had served fresh coconut water in the coconut, and it was tasty.

Visited January 2014
Thanks for your review!
Toronto, Canada
“Very yummy”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This review should have been written a while ago as I was staying at Costa Paraiso back in Oct 2013. I am sure the food is still incredible... so wanted to write this up. My thoughts: O.M.G. I am from downtown Toronto and I consider myself a bit of a foodie and I can honestly say that every single bite of food we had here was delicious. Their breakfast options are unreal ~ mixed berry and cream cheese stuffed french toast (w/ maple syrup OR Shelby's homemade coconut syrup),... deep fried yuca stuffed w/ spinach and cheese with eggs on the side and homemade chimmichurri... the list goes on. They incorporate tons of spices and flavours, with curries on the menu, jerk chicken, panini's, fish tacos, amazing ceviche with coconut milk... and new special's every night! Ohhhh and I can't possibly forget that Shelby has created the best hot sauce I have ever had, and I LOVE hot sauces. Its a pineapple habanero that is very decently spicy with just a hint of pineapple sweetness to it. Unreal, its too bad he can't mass produce because it would put Frank's Red Hot out of business. We were in Costa Rica for 10 days and this was definitely the best restaurant we ate at. Highly recommend!!

• Visited October 2013
Anthea,

Thanks very much for taking the time for such a detailed review. It was great to have you guys here and can't BELIEVE it was all the way back in October. Here's to hoping you guys come back soon! You two were such a blast to have in the restaurant every night.

Kaufering, Germany
“Best food we had during our holidays in C.R”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed over Christmas for one week in 'Costa Paraiso' with our family and friends. At the end of this week we knew the menu by heart. Everything was so excellent, full of different amazing tastes . Every breakfast and dinner brought a big smile to my face. Even my sons , who are true vegetarians now, liked all the variety in their dishes.Next to it, all the very friendly people in the service made us all feel at home. Thank you all again for letting us enjoy such a memorable holiday! Food and location together was truly paradise!PorQeNo?...ClaroQeSi!!!

• Visited December 2013
Johanna,

Cannot believe Christmas was almost 3 months ago - we miss your family. Thank you very much for taking the time to review and the kind words. More importantly, thanks to you and your family for sharing your Christmas holiday here with us. :)

Jo & Shelby (and Tango)
“We vote it #1 on the west coast!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I am only ten, but I decided that this is the best restaurant I have ever been to. First I tried the smoothies - Purple Haze is my favourite. I really loved the French toast with raspberry cream sauce - I could eat that every day. I don't usually try anything other than spaghetti, but I ordered the fish tacos twice, and the butter chicken. Shelby is a really really good cook. The thing I really loved the most was that we could play with the dogs while our parents ate. And the servers were really fun.

• Visited January 2014
Hi Miguel,

Thanks so much for filling out the review. It seems crazy that it was Christmas since you guys were here!

We (staff, Daisy & Tango) miss you guys around here...seems quiet almost. :)

Hoping to see you again sometime - here, Canada or Germany!

Cheers,