“Motivated and excellent surfteachers”

Costa Rica Surf Camp
Ranked #2 of 16 Tours in Dominical
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer surf lessons and guides surf tours. We have the best selection of surfboard and bodyboard rentals in Dominical. Our surf shop has everything you need for surfing and enjoying the beach.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Costa Rica Surf Camp offers excellent surfteachers that are enthusiastic to teach you everything to improve your surfing. They also teach you about the dangers of the current and how to behave in the ocean. It was the first surf camp I visited that offered fresh fruits and cold water during the break.

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

While traveling with a group of friends we all really wanted to learn to surf and after reading about Costa Rica Surf Camp in Lonely Planet and the reviews of TripAdvisor, CRSC became our number want thing to do on our Costa Rica wish list! I am so glad we did it! We ended up coming back to Dominical to surf with this crew again!

The surf lessons were so professional and went above any of my expectations. Everyone spoke great English and we really appreciated their small classes. They really took care of us and we felt safe in the water.

The best part: we were all standing up within the first 30 minutes in the water! It was such a blast I would recommend it to anyone and I can't wait to go back to Costa Rica to take more surf lessons with Costa Rica Surf Camp!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

My wife and I just spent the past five days here in Dominical surfing with Cesar and his crew. We had no previous experience surfing and very little experience traveling outside of the United States. Both experiences were great. We were picked up from the airport in San Jose, and brought directly to Dominical. We are now able to ride medium sized waves very comfortably. They go over different techniques to know how to handle each type of wave, how to paddle, how to get up, and how to ride. They do each in a stepwise manner making it much easier to learn and execute. They offer different lessons depending on your current skill level. The crew there are very gracious hosts and really helped us navigate the area. I will absolutely be coming back here in the future. Thank you to Cesar, Kaitlin, Ezekiel, and Falon for the great week of surfing! Pura Vida!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

My boyfriend and I came to Domincal for 1 week and booked 5 surf lessons/trips with Costa Rica Surf Camp. The caamp went above and beyond our expectations. The instructors were great and gave helpful feedback for improving our surf technique. They were very knowledgeable in their sport and took us to surf breaks that were appropriate for our skill level which made every day a fun experience. The instructors and owners of the camp were also extremely friendly and we enjoyed going out to dinners and out on the town with them. I couldn't have asked for a better all-around experience!! I would highly recommend this surf camp to all my friends!

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Our experience at Costa Rica Surf Camp and with Cesar, Kaitlin and the rest of the crew, Ezekial, Joshua, Betty, was such a blast we're already planning for next year. There were four of us in our party, the men in their sixties, the women in their fifties, and only one of us with any previous surfing experience (and that was 60 lbs and 40 yrs ago). Just as Cesar predicted, everyone was up and surfing by weeks end.
What was really special though was the way we were treated after lessons. Cesar went out of his way to make sure we were comfortably situated in our hotel, which was superb by the way, recommended restaurants, joined us for dinner, took us to banks and grocery shopping, basically making sure our every need was accommodated. We had such a blast we can't thank them enough!
The next two weeks we spent on the Caribbean side wishing we were back in Dominical, eating at Totilla Flats anticipating tomorrow's surf lesson!