“Best Surf Lessons Ever ...”

Costa Rica Surf Camp
Ranked #2 of 16 Tours in Dominical
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer surf lessons and guides surf tours. We have the best selection of surfboard and bodyboard rentals in Dominical. Our surf shop has everything you need for surfing and enjoying the beach.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I spent 3 weeks with the CRSC team in order to learn/improve my surfing as much as possible - and all my expectations were even exceeded!

Ezequiel, with whom I spent most of the sessions out in the ocean, is undoubtedly the best instructor one could think of. With his open, friendly and patient nature he always provided very detailed feedback and tips which just perfectly helped to reach the next level. He cares about his students and their progress. And no matter what question I asked him about surfing stuff, he always had an answer - massive expertise! And above all, we were having a blast during the 3 weeks …

If you come to Dominical and want to get deeper into surfing - CRSC is the place to go!

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Super chill group of peeps running the place. Got to keep the equipment for the whole day after the lesson. Had an awesome time.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I've only been surfing once before, but even just one lesson with this camp improved my ability so so much and made me comfortable on the board. The small classes and 2-1 student teacher ratio definitely allowed me to learn more quickly. Cesar and Kaitlin are super friendly and helpful as well as the rest of the instructors. I'm ready to get back in those waves!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We had the best time!! The instructors were great, they had me standing up on the first day. They also knew all the best local spots,from waterfalls to restaurants with great views. They made our trip!! We had so much fun. This surf camp went above and beyond just doing lessons!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

This was my first time visiting Costa Rica and I couldn't have asked for a better experience! My time at Costa Rica Surf Camp in Dominical was everything I had hoped for and more. Cesar and Kaitlin are such awesome, knowledgeable, friendly people and I definitely recommend staying at their camp. A friend and I stayed there the second week in November for four days. We were a little worried that it might be quite rainy but we were lucky and had beautiful weather the whole time we were there. Dominical is a small, isolated beach village with a great vibe and really laid back people.

For our surf sessions on the first 2 days they drove us to Playa Hermosa, about 15 mins south of Dominical, which is an absolutely beautiful beach...jungle meets ocean. Each surf session lasted about 2 hours and since it was low season we each had an instructor to ourselves which was great. Cesar and his brother Ezequiel were very experienced and knowledgeable instructors and gave us some great tips on how to perfect our surfing technique. On our last day we surfed at Playa Dominical which is only a couple minutes walk from the surf camp office. The break at Dominical was more advanced than at Playa Hermosa, was harder to paddle out to, and was definitely more suited to surfers who have more experience (although beginners would do just fine in the white water). The only negative thing I would have to say about the whole trip is that Playa Dominical is not the best beach to surf at if you are looking to surf all day as it is only good to surf there an hour or so either side of high tide. At other times of the day, the waves are very powerful, tubular, and closeout quickly - not great unless you are an advanced surfer and can get into the barrel quickly.

All in all it was such an awesome experience because of our hosts at CRSC. In addition to surf trips, they took us to some amazing places to view the beautiful Costa Rican sunsets and to eat some delicious meals. They really made us feel like we were part of the family!

1  Thank Sheila_FL