“Great fun whitewater rafting with Dominical Surf Adventures”

Dominical Surf Adventures
Ranked #4 of 16 Tours in Dominical
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure company dedicated to a personalized and high quality service. White water rafting, kayak tours, surf school/camp and concierge service. Discover with us the wonders of the South Pacific!
Arvada, Colorado, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great fun whitewater rafting with Dominical Surf Adventures”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My family of five went whitewater rafting on the Savegre River yesterday with Dominical Surf Adventures. Danily and Jodi were great fun as guides, and excellent hosts to my kids, aged 12, 8 and 8. They encouraged the kids to jump in the water and ride a few of the rapids in the kayak. The Savegre was safe enough for children, but the Class III and Class II rapids presented plenty of thrills for my wife and me, both experienced rafters. We had such an elaborate snack, a tourist with another company came up to me and asked me the name of our outfitter, then said: "You guys are getting a great snack." (their outfitter did not provide one). Danily pointed out several birds and a three-toed sloth. The kids had a ball jumping off the waterfall following a short hike. And the lunch at the end was delicious. The company provided us with a ride from Dominical, which was convenient. I recommend Dominical Surf Adventures highly.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Antone3

• Hebrew first
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Awesome guys!!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Me and my friend did the rafting tour on the Coto Brus river. The trip was AWESOME! We started with breakfast with the whole group, a good opportunity to get to know each other since you are going in the same boat together...! After half an hour drive we arrived at the spot where we would get on the boats. We were divided in three groups, a ‘hard’ boat, a middle boat and a mellow boat. The tour was exact the right amount of time, the lunch was included and so was the transportation.
The crew were so nice to us and prepared a delicious lunch. Lechuga, thank you for the tour and for your AWESOME directions!! We had a lot of fun!

Visited June 2013
Bradenton, Florida
“White Water Rafting”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I visited Dominical with a few friends and we used Dominical Surf Adventures to go white water rafting. Our guide Luis was the best guide I have ever had, and I have traveled all over the world. I would highly recommend this company to anyone.

Visited May 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Oh what a Trip on the Coto Brus!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Oh what a trip! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! This was my family's first time rafting and what a great experience! We were fortunate enough to have Luis as our guide to fully entertain and educate our family of four, which includes two boys - ages 10 & 12.

We could not decide between doing the Savegre or the Coto Brus trip. Since it was March and the river levels were down, we decided to do the Coto Brus and were so glad we did! The water was quite low so the trip was more "technical" (at least that's what our friends who were on another raft said) as Luis successfully maneuvered boulder upon boulder in the water to safely take us down the river. It was very interesting to us to watch him "study" the river to find the lines to best get us through during a dry period. He was great with the kids and identifying things that would be of interest to them and being sure to point those things out. The whole operation rocked...from the moment we met them at the office in Dominical all the way to the Coto Brus and back. The stop for breakfast was a terrific experience and the stop again on the way home for a cold beer was perfectly timed as we were all ready! The other guides were fun too - including Al, who entertained us with lessons in Tico culture and tradition during the long van ride to and from the rafting point. I should also mention that we were all VERY impressed by the lunch spread they laid out for us!

We were in Costa Rica for 10 days and took this trip on Day #5 and everybody was ready to try to squeeze in another rafting trip in one of our remaining days...sadly, we didn't have time to do it. If you are making your to-do list for your trip to the Domincal area of Costa Rica, definitely add Dominical Surf Adventures to your list! And don't forget you sunscreen or they'll need to point out the "Tourist Tree" when pointing out the flora along the way!

PS - had we had time to fit in a surfing lesson, we definitely would have done that too!

Visited March 2013
Houston
“Rafting!!!!!!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Fun trip down the river. Our guide Luis was awesome. Very knowledgable about the local fauna and wildlife. All the guides were very attentive and personable. A well run operation!!

Visited May 2013