“A Truly Luxury Jungle Get Away We Will Never...”

Review of Casa Ramon

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Sara J
Chicago, Illinois
“A Truly Luxury Jungle Get Away We Will Never Forget!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

I am writing this review following the truly wonderful time we had at Casa Ramon during Thanksgiving week 2013. From the gorgeous home, beautiful interior decorations, relaxing patios and pool deck, to the sweeping jungle vistas falling away to the Pacific Ocean, Casa Ramon was a delightful oasis for our family over the Thanksgiving holiday. The decor and furnishings are very high end and each room has its own little unique twists which make exploring the massive property a treat!

I can not speak highly enough about the staff at the house. They were friendly, professional, efficient, and did everything to make our stay comfortable. A small army would come in during the day when we were out doing activities and we would return to a spotless home with freshly arranged flowers all over the house. Alberto especially went out of his way to respond to small requests we made and to check up on us through the week without being overbearing.

We cooked phenomenal meals in the five star kitchen each night, shopping for groceries in the nearby supermarkets. We ate as a big family out on the big patio table with candles each night and even ate a fish Thanksgiving dinner after a successful day on the ocean deep sea fishing.Everything you need to cook a wonderful meal is there. We loved blending up our own frozen drink concoctions every night to sip by the lit up pool as the sun set. There is a really cute hotel (Angel del Cuna) right by the house where we had a very tasty dinner one night too.

The activities nearby are awesome! Our group did horseback riding to waterfalls, snorkeling at Cano Island, deep sea fishing, ziplining, and a jungle hike. We prearranged the activities before arriving, however the home staff will help you do it too.

We rented two large SUVs at San Jose for the 3 hour drive from San Jose to Dominical. That was kind of a pain, but SO WORTH IT!

Definitely go to Casa Ramon for a truly unforgettable family vacation!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beautiful Home with Fresh Flowers and Gorgeous Patio/Pool
Liked least: No hot tub
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Chicago IL
Reviewed December 9, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Anokh
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“This place is Perfection! The ultimate Holiday Getaway!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

My wife and I decided to get married in Costa Rica and decided to stay at Casa Ramon for a week with our families. This gorgeous Villa is located in a nice private area. Very safe and secure and above all else the location was absolutely breath taking. We had Casa Ramon organize the transportation to and from San Jose airport and from the moment we landed it was seamless. The van drivers were waiting for us and the 3 hour ride to Casa Ramon was beautiful. Had a short stop on the way to grab a beer and use the bathroom so that was very considerate of the drivers. We arrived at Casa Ramon by about 3pm and were very warmly greeted by Efren, the man in charge of the Villa. Him and his staff helped us with all the bags to our rooms and gave us a tour of the whole villa. He even went out of his way to drive 2 of us down into Uvita (about 10-13 min drive) to pick up some drinks and snacks. He was at the Villa everyday so if we had any issues or questions he was more than helpful.

We decided to have catered dinners 4 of the nights we were there as well as all our breakfasts and all I can say is the Chef Jhonathan was absolutely spectacular. Everybody in our group is still raving about how amazing the food was. I highly recommend him. This guy can give the Iron Chefs a serious run for their money.
The villa staff were all very friendly and do not get in anyone's way. The whole week we were their I hardly saw them.

The Villa itself is gorgeous. We rented out the whole villa including Casita Ramon which I highly recommend. Every bedroom had ample room and the outdoor areas were amazing to just sit and relax with a book and let the afternoon go by (which a lot of the people in our group did). The pool was lovely and the best part is that you can use it at anytime of the day or night. The grill area on the top floor was fantastic. We decided to buy some meats and fish in Uvita and all 14 of us hung out their one night. We did not feel cramped at all and it is a great hangout spot. The little lookout are was great, especially to watch the local birdlife. We saw 2 species of Toucan as well as a number of other bird species (I would highly recommend having a good camera).
I would recommend renting a car during your stay. It made life a lot easier for us and gave us the freedom to do whatever we wished (Beaches, shopping, restaurants, etc..)
I would highly recommend 2 particular things in the area:
1. Jolly Rogers Bar & Restaurant - Its right across the main road from Casa Ramon and a nice drive up the hill. Views are spectacular from this Bar/restaurant and his Hot wings are the best I've ever had, especially if you like them HOT!!
2. Ceviche from Playa Hermosa (about a 5 min drive down the main road to Uvita). This small shack by the beach had the best ceviche around!!

All in all, I would not just recommend Casa Ramon to anyone, I would make sure that they go there! We had a hint of uncertainty about having a destination wedding but now...i think i left part of me at Casa Ramon in Costa Rica.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The entire Villa, staff & location
Liked least: The fact that we had to leave :-(
Traveling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
CO
Reviewed August 15, 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Check in / front desk Service
Liked best: The quality of everything!
Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 45-54
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers
California
Reviewed July 13, 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Traveling group: Spouse / significant other
Management Response
Jul 13, 2011
Hi David and Pilar,
We at Casa Ramon really appreciate your kind review.
We await your return and wish you the very best.
Sincerely

Your age range 45-54
Management Response
Jan 30, 2011
Hello Ray & Denise,

Happy New Year we all at Casa Ramon wish you a great 2011.

We appreciate your awesome review! It was our sincere privilege to be of service to you and to know that we were able to leave you with such special unique memories. Our goal is that you find peace and joy and want to share it with others. The secret is that you are the key ingredient at Casa Ramon. We are always here for you and your friends. Thank you.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing