We stayed at Villas Alturas in February 2013 for three nights. We really enjoyed our stay. The managers Cindy and David and the staff were excellent and very helpful. The breakfasts were very good and varied from day to day. (We did not get to try Dave banana pancakes. The monkeys ate the bananas.) Having breakfast by the pool each day started the day off perfectly. The view was incredibile. The accommodations were exactly as advertised, and very clean. Each morning we had Toucans in a tree in front of our Villa and on several occasions we were able to watch white faced monkeys in the trees adjacent to the pool area. (The same ones that stole the bananas) We would return to stay at Villas Alturas in a heartbeat.
A word of advice. When they say that you should rent a four wheel drive vehicle they are not kidding. Without a four wheel drive vehicle you will not make it up the hill to Villas Alturas. Even with a four wheel drive vehicle you may wonder whether you will make it up the hill. You also will not be able to navigate many of what they loosely classify as road in the Southern Pacific Zone. When you see bare earth with rocks, massive erosion gulley’s, and enormous pot holes and you say to yourself “this cannot be a road”….. it likely is.
It is unfortunate that "aeternalis" did not spend enough time in planning their vacation to read previous trip advisor reviews or they would have known that the restaurant is is not exactly as discribed in trip advisor. That discription is also not on the hotels web site. To rank this property as a two as is simply a disservice to other readers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas Alturas offers the perfect combination of peace and quiet, views, sun, beach and adventure. Situated in the Costa Ballena area, only 35 minutes south of Manuel Antonio, you can enjoy the cool beachy vibe of Dominical 15 min away, explore the Marino Ballena National Park in Uvita or sample the international cuisine offered in Ojochal. Villas Alturas offers a complimentary breakfast every morning and the restaurant is open for lunch and dinner every day. We will plan and book all of your tours as well as help you to connect with all of the local free adventures. Barbque grill, free parking, a/c bedrooms, great pool area with an incredible views! Our road was improved in December, 2013 very easily accessible. We can accommodate 30+ people for your parties, destination wedding or any other event. Time to breathe . . . Terms and Conditions ---------------------------------------------- AMEX is not accepted at this time Payment Policy: Rates include breakfast and daily maid service. Sheets are changed every third day. (Breakfast that is included in the rate for a One Bedroom Villa is for 2 people, Breakfast for a Two Bedroom Villa is for 4 people. ) Above rates INCLUDE 13% sales tax for the room only. A 10% service charge plus tax will be added to all restaurant and bar purchases. Management reserves the right to POSSIBLY withhold deposit per their discretion at time of reservation and is as follows: 50% of reservation is due at the time of booking. The remaining 50% is due at check out. The maximum guests in our villas is 2 per bedroom plus one additional if the villa contains a futon. Check-in time is 2:00pm. Check-out time is 10am. Early check-in and late check-out are subject to availability and may incur a charge. High season is December through April excluding holidays. Green season is May through November. Holiday rates apply December 20th through January 5th and require a 5 night minimum stay. Management declines all responsibility for valuables left in the villas. Cancellation Policy: There is no refund if cancellation is made 14 days or less prior to the reservation date. When cancellation notification is received between 15 and 30 days prior to the reservation, a $50 processing fee per room will be charged. Payment will be forfeited if guest(s) arrive after the specific date of reservation or depart prior to final day of reservation. All cancellations need to be sent via e-mail. A cancellation is not confirmed until you have received an email or fax confirmation from us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Odigeo, Expedia, Agoda and Orbitz so you can book your Villas Alturas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Alturas Hotel Dominical
- Villas Alturas Costa Rica/Dominical