I liked this property for the most part with only minor negatives and rest assured the plusses really do outweigh the minuses. It appears you can either stay in incredibly cheap accom. in Dominical or climb the price-ladder fairly quickly, with few properties like this one that cater to the higher-end-budget traveller.
- Orthopaedic mattresses
- Best equipped common kitchen I have seen (new blender, even coolers to take food and drinks to the beach, thoughtful things like jiffy markers and masking tape provided for guests to label their food)
- Tree-lined property between beach and hotel full of the ribbets of Costa Rica’s famous red-eyed green frogs at night (truly cool)
- Very short walk to the beach
- Removed from the “main drag” (if you can call it that)
- Can hear ocean from pretty property
- Choice of fan or a/c for those with a preference
- Huge closet/”stuff” area adjoining bathroom keeps belongings out of sight
- Good fan
- Strong wifi
- Pricey for "ghost-town-season" compared to similar properties in other coastal towns (staying more than one night brought the price down a bit)
- No staff presence. I was the only client at the hotel. Not unusual but the complete lack of night guard or other staff was definitely unusual. Bit spooky, truth be told.
- Absolutely awful shower - circuit issues - scalding hot.
- Safe tucked under a shelf on the floor in the corner of a bathroom a bit hard to get to (but the safe works!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Montanas de Agua offers clean and affordable rooms in beautifully landscaped grounds at a 2 minute walk to the beach! You can choose from either modern A/C rooms with private bathroom & hot water or Cabins with fans, private bathroom with hot water and their own porch. We also offer a larger room that sleeps 5 with a kitchenette and the possibility for an adjoining room for those in larger groups. All rooms have free wifi internet access, and use of the communal kitchen if you feel like cooking for yourself! We are located at the south end of town, along the beach front road, only a 5 minute's walk from the center of town. Dominical beach has some of the most consistent surf in Costa Rica, waterfalls 10 minutes away, to the north is Nauyaca Falls and further along is Manuel Antoino Park. To the south is Diamante Waterfalls, Osa Peninsula and Corcovado National Park. Dominical is perfectly placed in the middle of a magnificent coastline, verdant green mountains and spectacular sunsets! Dominical is a laid-back beach town on the Costa Ballena popular with surfers, yoga enthusiasts and nature lovers. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Sands Dominical Eco Inn Costa Rica