“Great place to grab a cold cocktail”
Review of The Refuge - CLOSED

The Refuge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to grab a cold cocktail”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I had a nice cold cocktail after swimming in the ocean! It was a great atmosphere with great customer service.

Visited December 2013

Rogers, AR
“So sad to see that it is closed!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is our 6th trip to Costa Rica and what would have been our 6th trip to The Refuge. We visited Manuel Antonio in the morning and planned on eating at The Refuge for lunch. All I could think about was sinking my teeth into one of their juicy burgers and sipping down one of their cold refreshing smoothies. Sadly, when we got there, The Refuge is no more. We will miss making our visits and not being able to eat there.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank mckillip09
Uvita, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
“DOES NOT EXIST”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This restaurant was a true refuge for many and had great food and a super staff, BUT THIS RESTAURANT NO LONGER EXISTS! OUT OF BUSINESS!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Payton M
Ventura, California
“No longer in business”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Refuge is no longer in business. We went last night to find. That this location is now a little Italian restaurant called La Mona Lisa Restaurant. We wanted a burger so we didn't eat there. Sad to know it closed.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Rebecca L
Norwalk
“Good burger....but”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Service was very friendly. After ordering I asked to use the restroom. They gave me a key and pointed me in the right direction. Without a doubt this was the dirtiest nastiest restroom I've ever been in. I returned to our table and started to watch the cook. Bad idea. He would pat out burgers with his bare hands and then wipe his hands on a towel hanging from the grill. No hand washing and then the towel was used to wipe down things in the cooking area.

I was also looking forward to a beer with my burger but they don't serve any alcohol.

On the bright side the burger was very good. However, based on the other things we observed we won't be going back.

• Visited March 2013