“Not in India but in Costa Rica ,I found my GURU!”

Danyasa Eco-Retreat - Bamboo Yoga Play Studio
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Dominical, Costa Rica, our retreat oasis lies just two minutes from the beach and warm Pacific Ocean, at the base of rain-forested mountains where the Baru River meets the sea. Home to the gorgeous Bamboo Yoga Play studio, Danyasa offers yoga, dance, movement workshops, retreats and teacher trainings, as well as accommodations , adventure tours, healing mentoring and bodywork and rest and relaxation in general. We invite you to open to experience the abundant creative life force which naturally wants to move through us!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Markdale, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Not in India but in Costa Rica ,I found my GURU!”
Reviewed June 25, 2010

I live in Costa RIca 6months each year since 2001 away from Canadian winters. THree years ago, a fantastic yoga center opened and I checked it out. I became one of the tribe! indeed what an inspiring teacher Sofiah is, her voice resounds deeply and softly into your soul...whenever I do my practice I remember the "Golden Thread" which is always part of her class... I am privileged to live within -now 10 minutes (because of the new road) to this world class center in Dominical. I used to drive 35 minutes of rough road to get there on time.. YOur new retreat will no doubt attract more world class talent as you seem so connected with the rest of the world and we are so lucky to attend some of the guest teachers , but never the same as my GURU. THank you for such inspiration that the graceful lines of your body which you work constantly to improve bring us and I will be there come November. BTW for those women who are seniors, don't be afraid, I'm one of you and feel like a forty year old thanx to my GURU accepting us as we are.

3 Thank mindenmaiden

Brattleboro, Vermont
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dominical & Bamboo Yoga”
Reviewed June 25, 2010

I spent 3 months with my volunteering on a permaculture farm in Costa during the winter of 2008. Every sunday we would take the bus from Platinillo to Dominical to spend the day at the beach. The unhurried town of Dominical consists of one dirt road and beautiful beaches. on the weekends local craftspeople set up their wares along the edge of beach.
Bamboo Yoga offers a beautiful, airy space with views of the ocean. it is a serene setting for practicing yoga

1 Thank aenochs
Puerto Jimenez
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Flex like Bamboo at the beach”
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Bamboo Yoga Play is a sanctuary on the main drag of Dominical. We came here from Osa to eat out and stay in a place were we could meet some like minded people and have a little holiday. My wife loved the expansive yoga space and we ended up staying in the secluded rooms out the back of the studio. Sofia told us she had rooms for $40, the rooms are air conditioned and there is a communal kitchen and deck that looks over a field next to the river. It is a quiet relaxing space that is clean and orderly. I felt refreshed by my stay and enjoyed the eating in close proximity. Would recommend it. My wife who is a yoga instructor had a great class.

1 Thank auzziemike
köln
“Peace in paradise”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I have been living and traveling around Costa Rica for more than a year. To all the people who want to visit Costa Rica, check out Dominical. It's hidden surfer town on the south pacific coastline where tourism still hasn't developed too much. The town is actually a small village with a few dirt roads in between the green mountain wall of the Fila Costeña and the beautiful Pacific Ocean. On the main road you find the only yoga studio Bamboo YogaPlay. It is surrounded by a palm and bamboo trees and practising yoga feels like being in the middle of the jungle. Here I was able to connect deeply to myself and to live with the nature in harmony. This unique setting such as the warm feeling recieved by the Bamboo YogaPlay Team made me stay here for more than six weeks and leaving wasn't easy at all!
My daily routine started with a sunrise surf, continued with the morning yoga class at Bamboo YogaPlay, relax during the day with a fresh papaya, pineapple or mango smoothie made by the local fruit store opposite of Bamboo YogaPlay, go for a long sunset walk along the beach, finally falling asleep with the sound of the ocean and be woken up by my neighbors, the monkeys... all this gave me a deep feeling of peace in my heart.

So, everybody who is into yoga, make sure you stop by at Bamboo YogaPlay in Costa Rica – I won’t say anymore, you have to experience it yourself!

1 Thank locapelz
brooklyn
“a great place”
Reviewed May 31, 2010

After a bit of a rough first week in Costa Rica, I landed here and was immediately welcomed by Sofiah and her husband. My week stay here was very peaceful and just what I needed. The daily yoga was great, I especially enjoyed Pilar's classes and her yoga in Spanish was an amazingly fun challenge. The yoga studio is gorgeous and as I was staying in one of the cozy rooms here (refashioned shipping containers), I was able to use the studio for morning meditation and my own afternoon practice, which I appreciated immensely. Also the jungle shower, for guests or yoga students after class is amazing.

1 Thank louieloo