“definitely do not miss this place”

Danyasa Eco-Retreat - Bamboo Yoga Play Studio
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Dominical, Costa Rica, our retreat oasis lies just two minutes from the beach and warm Pacific Ocean, at the base of rain-forested mountains where the Baru River meets the sea. Home to the gorgeous Bamboo Yoga Play studio, Danyasa offers yoga, dance, movement workshops, retreats and teacher trainings, as well as accommodations , adventure tours, healing mentoring and bodywork and rest and relaxation in general. We invite you to open to experience the abundant creative life force which naturally wants to move through us!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
nyc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“definitely do not miss this place”
Reviewed May 22, 2010

I recently spent five weeks in dominical. My second or perhaps third week I decided to drop by the studio despite being a total newbie and knowing little of yoga. Looking back to my time there I cannot imagine the studio not being a part of my days in Costa Rica. I immediately got hooked on yoga and the different styles and teachers that were there gave me the unique opportunity to get my feet wet in one of the most beautiful spaces. The studio is beyond gorgeous, full of harmony and hard to leave. I couldn't imagine a better way to experience yoga than being surrounded by nature and the heat of the costa rican mornings. The staff was amazing and brought so much to the experience, thank you for that, for the time, for the inspiration. I consider myself very lucky to find the place, I think I went to morning class more days than not, developed a bit of an addiction to yoga and I haven't shaken it. My advice is most definitely, if you are on the pacific coast of costa rica, do not miss visiting bamboo studio and enjoying the classes there. Say hello for me.-Heather

1 Thank heatherinbrooklyn

Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful setting, inspired yoga”
Reviewed May 21, 2010

I bumped into Bamboo YogaPlay while on a trip to Dominical earlier this year, and made a daily habit of the classes there. The studio is beautiful -- all wood, with one side open to the trees and ocean -- and the classes were just the right mix of challenging and relaxing. (Perfect for vinyasa/flow lovers.) For anyone who practices in heated rooms, the natural heat of Costa Rica is great. They offered daily classes at roughly the same time. I'd wake up, go to class, sweat a lot, then leave the shala and cross the street where I'd drink a pipas fria (cold fresh coconut juice) from the vendor outside, and, finally, plunge into the ocean. It was a delicious routine. Almost felt like being on a yoga retreat, but on my own schedule. Can't wait to go back. Dominical would not be the same with this place!

2 Thank Adventurini
tel aviv
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Bamboo Yoga Play: THE BEST KEPT SECRET OF COSTA RICA”
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Serendipity brought me to this little slice of heaven, where I realized that I not only had an amazing environment to work/play in, but the perfect guide/friend/teacher/muse who came along with it. Sofia was the ultimate companion—at once an imparter of wisdom, a holder of truths and a genuinely inspired soul. Just being in her midst felt like a total honor and simultaneously calming. From the morning pre-yoga smoothie on the deck overlooking the lushness of the jungle, to the walk down to the river—each moment with Sofia was always somehow laced with presence, play and possibility. For me, as the ultimate freelancer who can work from anywhere, Bamboo Yoga Play was the perfect blend of comfort and sass. I could walk to the beach and do yoga every single day, and also hanker down in my room to get some work done. The best thing about this little Dominical gem is that it provides a full-spectrum experience that combines all the best things in life: wellness, fun, joyfulness and love. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for an integrative, holistic and totally unique experience.

3 Thank rastamoni