“Serenity in Central America”

Danyasa Eco-Retreat - Bamboo Yoga Play Studio
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Dominical, Costa Rica, our retreat oasis lies just two minutes from the beach and warm Pacific Ocean, at the base of rain-forested mountains where the Baru River meets the sea. Home to the gorgeous Bamboo Yoga Play studio, Danyasa offers yoga, dance, movement workshops, retreats and teacher trainings, as well as accommodations , adventure tours, healing mentoring and bodywork and rest and relaxation in general. We invite you to open to experience the abundant creative life force which naturally wants to move through us!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Bamboo YogaPlay is a beacon of light in Central America. I went their several years ago and was treated like royalty by Sofiah and Brendan, the couple who own it. The yoga studio is serene and beautiful, with incredible wood floors. The classes are amazing, with some of the best teachers I've ever had. Take a class from Sofiah if you'd like to be blessed with some tremendous love.

1  Thank Hitch M

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Bamboo YogaPlay has a certain magic that is hard to describe. A sense of peace overcame me as I entered the Bamboutique, which is the store and reception area. The staff greeted me with happiness and graceful conversation and I quickly felt as though I was exactly where I was supposed to be.

The classes were amazing! Sofiah connects with each and every participate in a personal way while guiding the members through a collective journey. The Bamboo Studio is rich with energy and the sights and sounds of the surrounding jungle and river almost create sensory overload!

I recommend Bamboo YogaPlay to anyone who wishes to re-connect with the very best part of themselves in a safe, clean, and extremely comfortable environment. I will certainly return the first chance that I get!!!!

1  Thank WMDesign
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Attractie yoga storefront and facility. Really nice staff. Seems to be run efficiently, offering 9:30-11am vinyasa yoga classes daily except thurs, plus monday night candlelight yoga. I'm excited to try the actual class, but can vouch for the facilities and garden space which were clean and attractive.

1  Thank nomadicb
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Sophiah and family have a spectacular place in Dominical. The yoga classes are amazing, the acommodations are clean, quiet and comfortable. Kitchen available anytime as there are only 3 rooms. The vibe is laid back, calm and oh so comfortable. Located right in the heart of town, 2 minutes from the beach. Looking forward to Jan-Mar 2013, our next visit. Couldn't have been any better. Thanks to all of you there at Bamboo YogaPlay.

1  Thank RegandDale
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Classes at Bamboo YogaPlay absolutely made my vacation. The teachers are awesome, the classes are a great combination of relaxation and invigoration, and the studio is heavenly - open, airy, and beautiful. This place is a gem.

1  Thank Mary N