“Excellent massages”

Danyasa Eco-Retreat - Bamboo Yoga Play Studio
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Dominical, Costa Rica, our retreat oasis lies just two minutes from the beach and warm Pacific Ocean, at the base of rain-forested mountains where the Baru River meets the sea. Home to the gorgeous Bamboo Yoga Play studio, Danyasa offers yoga, dance, movement workshops, retreats and teacher trainings, as well as accommodations , adventure tours, healing mentoring and bodywork and rest and relaxation in general. We invite you to open to experience the abundant creative life force which naturally wants to move through us!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Grand Cayman
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent massages”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

My fiance and I had a 90 minute couples massage here and we both had fabulous massages. A bit noisy due to the traffic on the Dominical road but the qulaity of the massage made up for it. Will definitely go back again!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank TinaRodney

Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Mistic Encounter”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I met Sophia and her staff during my honeymoon. I was looking for a place to get a massage. The service was great, her massage therapist Marina was awesome, great energy, great vibe, made me feel like a new person. Me and Sophia enter in negotiations after I fell in love with a Ganesh statue she had, and we ended exchanging Ganesh's I had one that I carried with me all the time for 5 years, she had told me her Ganesh had been with her through trouble times, and she felt was time to part with it... I really enjoyed the visit with them and will be a return customer... Thank you Sophia...

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Morsisuyo
Denver, Colorado
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Yoga class was great, room so so”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Sofia's yoga class was wonderful (Daniel played the hang in accompaniment) and the studio setting lovely. In fact, it was an excellent. The rooms however, are very basic and noisy. They are upgrading, so that may change. Very friendly and helpful.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Todd_Duke
Brooklyn, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Gorgeous!”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Great classes, a spectacular studio, excellent teachers and a seriously fantastic gift shop, this place has it all. Take Sofiah's class then finish up with a pipa from Juan across the street.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Celia K
yogaplay, Owner at Danyasa Eco-Retreat - Bamboo Yoga Play Studio, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
THank you Celia....was so wonderful to have you here with us!
I am about to teach right now...i will think of you and send you blessings from costa rica to Brooklyn!

See you next time....
Dominical, Costa Rica
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Bamboo Yoga Play is like stepping into a healing sanctuary”
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Stepping into Bamboo YogaPlay is like stepping into a healing sanctuary. What
better place to do yoga, dance, and receive massages than an open-air studio
made of bamboo and surrounded by jungle. (It is very likely you will hear iguanas
running on the roof and geckos "chirping" during class).

Bamboo YogaPlay is conveniently located off the main, unpaved street of
Dominical. It is easy to find and access. Dominical is a travel-friendly town in
which single travelers can easily make new friends, with its high end container rooms for rent. Dominical is home to the
annual Envision Festival—showcasing music, art, dance, yoga, permaculture,
creativity, and self-expression (www.envisionfestival.com).

Sofiah Thom (co-owner of Bamboo YogaPlay along with husband Brendan
Jaffer) is a visionary who leads from her heart and inspires others to share their
gifts. Her motto, "to live artfully", is encouraged through her classes, her energy,
and in the unique collection of clothing and accessories in her studio's eclectic
boutique. The boutique will change your idea of what “typical” yoga wear is,
carrying a variety of eco friendly, playful designs with amazing tribal cuts that are
designed for comfort as well as fashion.

The teachers at Bamboo YogaPlay are full of metta, joyful, and sharing. We were
fortunate to teach and share our gift of Koha Yoga (www.kohayoga.com) Bodywork, flying yoga classes, and host a successful “I Can Fly” retreat at this beautiful studio.  Maybe next time we all can fly together.

For more information on Bamboo YogaPlay please visit www.bambooyogaplay.com