Danyasa Eco-Retreat - Bamboo Yoga Play Studio
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Dominical, Costa Rica, our retreat oasis lies just two minutes from the beach and warm Pacific Ocean, at the base of rain-forested mountains where the Baru River meets the sea. Home to the gorgeous Bamboo Yoga Play studio, Danyasa offers yoga, dance, movement workshops, retreats and teacher trainings, as well as accommodations , adventure tours, healing mentoring and bodywork and rest and relaxation in general. We invite you to open to experience the abundant creative life force which naturally wants to move through us!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Brooklyn, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Gorgeous!”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Great classes, a spectacular studio, excellent teachers and a seriously fantastic gift shop, this place has it all. Take Sofiah's class then finish up with a pipa from Juan across the street.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Celia K
yogaplay, Owner at Danyasa Eco-Retreat - Bamboo Yoga Play Studio, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
THank you Celia....was so wonderful to have you here with us!
I am about to teach right now...i will think of you and send you blessings from costa rica to Brooklyn!

See you next time....

Dominical, Costa Rica
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Bamboo Yoga Play is like stepping into a healing sanctuary”
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Stepping into Bamboo YogaPlay is like stepping into a healing sanctuary. What
better place to do yoga, dance, and receive massages than an open-air studio
made of bamboo and surrounded by jungle. (It is very likely you will hear iguanas
running on the roof and geckos "chirping" during class).

Bamboo YogaPlay is conveniently located off the main, unpaved street of
Dominical. It is easy to find and access. Dominical is a travel-friendly town in
which single travelers can easily make new friends, with its high end container rooms for rent. Dominical is home to the
annual Envision Festival—showcasing music, art, dance, yoga, permaculture,
creativity, and self-expression (www.envisionfestival.com).

Sofiah Thom (co-owner of Bamboo YogaPlay along with husband Brendan
Jaffer) is a visionary who leads from her heart and inspires others to share their
gifts. Her motto, "to live artfully", is encouraged through her classes, her energy,
and in the unique collection of clothing and accessories in her studio's eclectic
boutique. The boutique will change your idea of what “typical” yoga wear is,
carrying a variety of eco friendly, playful designs with amazing tribal cuts that are
designed for comfort as well as fashion.

The teachers at Bamboo YogaPlay are full of metta, joyful, and sharing. We were
fortunate to teach and share our gift of Koha Yoga (www.kohayoga.com) Bodywork, flying yoga classes, and host a successful “I Can Fly” retreat at this beautiful studio.  Maybe next time we all can fly together.

For more information on Bamboo YogaPlay please visit www.bambooyogaplay.com

Visited July 2011
2 Thank Kohayoga
Bocas del Toro, Panama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Bamboo YogaPlay is a beautiful sancutary of BLISS right in the heart of Dominical!”
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I am so thankful for the time I spent at Bamboo YogaPlay! The classes were amazing and left me feeling the most centered, grounded, connected and open that I have felt in a long time! Sofiah is a beautiful goddess dancer, instructor and business owner! Her classes are really amazing and the other instructors and workshop leaders she brought in were fabulous. I received a great bodywork session while I was there and loved the whole vibe of the place - great music and great energy. The Bambootique (cutest name ever) is the studio's storefront room and it has some of the coolest things I've found in central america- I wanted to buy everything in the place! I highly recommend attending any of the classes, workshops and special events that Bamboo is hosting! Thanks for such a memorable experience! I can't wait to come back again some day!

Visited May 2011
3 Thank sbkramer
Yarmouth, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great yoga, Great Instructors, Great Facility”
Reviewed April 24, 2011

My wife and I took yoga classes 3 mornings this past week, 2 with Sophia and 1 with Wisteria. While the style was different than what we practice back home, Sophia and Wisteria were great and my wife and I feel that it expanded our study of yoga. During our third class, there were only ourselves and 1 other couple in the room, so Sophia did some "couple" poses that were fun and different. Except for the occasional truck going down the road the studio was great - clean and airy. A bathroom and shower is available. We will definitely be back.

Visited April 2011
2 Thank VTXMatt22
Suiza
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Relaxing and absolutely beautiful”
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I was looking for a place to practice yoga and relax a week close to the beach and nature. That place I found at Bamboo Yoga Play. The location is absolutely beautiful, you feel at home at the rooms and the outdoor shower is just heaven. A little paradise at the relaxing place Dominical. And the yoga lessons are just outstanding and at a perfect place.

Visited February 2011