Farm of Life
Hotel Cuna del Angel(Dominical)(Great Value!)
$108
$105
MAVI Surf Hotel de Dominical(Dominical)(Great Value!)
$110
Villas Rio Mar(Dominical)(Great Value!)
$93
$100
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Diuwak(Dominical)
$58
Rio Lindo Resort(Dominical)(Great Value!)
$60
All reviewshealing centerconnect with natureplant medicinesoutdoor showerspring fedhighest waterfallayahuasca ceremonycool poolyoga instructorcosta ricamagical placevery special placecommunal kitchenentire countrypick your owndifferent personhealthy food
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I traveled to Finca de Vida with two of my kids (11, 13). We stayed for about two weeks and we had a wonderful time! Everything was perfect: the accommodations, rooms, food, people, everything. Brian and Jody, the owners and operators of the farm, are both wonderful people. They were very helpful and always willing to do anything we needed to make our stay more comfortable.
We stayed from Dec 16 2010 - Jan 4 2011 which is the transition period between the rainy and dry seasons. The weather was wonderful. At the farm it was warm, slightly overcast and breezy while down at the beach it was warm and sunny. Brian and Jody helped us connect with many of the local attractions (if you visit you HAVE TO do the Diamante waterfall hike).
My kids also had an amazing time. The farm really is an ideal destination; whether you are looking to just get away from it all and chill in a hammock or you're looking for an adventure vacation filled with hikes, waterfalls and beaches; this place has it all.
Getting to/from the farm to/from the San Jose airport wasn't that big of a deal. Jody helped us line up a bus from the airport to Dominical and from there she arranged for a 4x4 cab ride to the farm. All in all, it took about 4-5 hours to get from San Jose to the farm.
I have already recommended Finca de Vida to family and friends and I'll continue to do so. My family and I cannot wait to visit again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Ntwrk
Reviewed January 21, 2011

We stayed at Finca de Vida at the end of December 2010. Finca de Vida is a far more excellent place than I had expected. Finca de Vida is the best place I've ever stayed in my life. There are so many reasons why we fell in love with Finca de Vida.

1. The environment is beyond description! We feel we are a part of mother nature at this place. We will never forget the amazing view from the Yoga platform and Hawk's Nest. On clear evenings, you can watch the sunset over the edge of the horizon.

2. Jody & Brian are really amazing! They are 100% friendly. We feel they are friends, as well as a part of the family. Also, you can meet great guests here. During our stay, we met super-friendly & like minded guests. I'm excited about reunion at Finca de Vida.

3. Raw foods & Vegan menu are awesome! Before I stayed here, I was not a raw food guy. But Finca de Vida absolutely change my life. I have never eaten such fresh & tasty vegetarian fare!

If you plan to visit Cost Rica, Finca de Vida is must-visit destination. I strongly recommend Finca de Vida for eveyone.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank ergong
Reviewed January 19, 2011

We had a wonderful experience at Farm of Life. The place is beautiful and wonderfully designed. The energy is warm and welcoming. The staff could not have been more thoughtful and accomodating. It is a wonderful escape with all the luxuries of Costa Rica.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2011

I'm writing you from Harvest House, the bamboo shuttered, open air communal dining area at Finca de Vida, the Farm of Life. Beautiful sunshine bathes the hillsides as fluffy clouds cap the high mountains. Dense trees carpet the steep slopes, gifting the forest with life giving oxygen, shelter and food. Hawks soar below as the sound of a rippling creek mingles with the music of singing birds, gentle breezes and melodic wind chimes. Peace reigns.

As the New Year nears, are you focusing on prioritizing your health and seeking a great place to jump start the journey? If so, consider visiting Finca De Vida in Costa Rica. It is even more beautiful than described and a wonderful place to relax, rejuvenate and revitalize. I’m here energizing for season, getting a raw food fix to help me focus on healthier living as the New Year approaches. It’s been a wonderful experience. I just want others to know about this incredible, more affordable opportunity to tune up your health while turning down your stress.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 16, 2011

This place makes you look at your life in a different way. Check out their philosophy on their website and make sure you watch the video. This place is hard to get to but once there it is beautiful. Make sure you arrange all tours from this place itself and also plan to cOok a few meals there as going up n down the hill everyday may not be ideal. Brian is a Wonderful soul, allow him to plan your stay. This is a heaven for natural food lovers.

• Stayed: December 2010