“Rustic paradise with simple luxuries”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dominical
Farm of Life (Finca de Vida)
GreenLeadersGold level
Brooklyn, New York
“Rustic paradise with simple luxuries”
Reviewed January 2, 2011

The photos do not do it justice! Finca de Vida is amazingly beautiful -- the location, the lodgings, the views. The hosts are incredibly accommodating — arranging zip tours, movie night in the common area for the kids, walks to water falls. The rooms were simple, serene, comfortable and clean. My kids spent hours laying in the hammock reading. My son loved picking his bananas right from the banana house very morning.

It's a pretty remote location so don't be afraid to ask Jody and Brian about what you may need -- from 4wd car to what to pack -- because there is no store right around the corner.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 13, 2010

Love Finca, Brian, and Jodi with the fullness of my heart. I went as a Chef and truly found myself with family and at home. Welcomed both physically and energetically by the hosts and the land, you would be hard pressed to find a more uplifting and rejuvenating oasis. Sure to please whether for a retreat, quick trip, or extended life changing stay, Brian and Jodi offer their farm, expertise, and hearts in loving service.
Cant wait to see you all again much
peacelovenseasonalfruit ck

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
new york
Reviewed September 3, 2010

Once in a while we encounter people, places, books, films or images that change our lives. This place is one of them. Just get a proper perspective, consider this: this place has no address. Yes there is no mail man coming around everyday. Nor would you see single policeman around this area or nearby. If you want a vacation that truly transforms your body and soul, then I highly recommend this place. You will never feel like a tourist. Instead you will feel like a vibrant being soaking up the sun, flowers, fresh air, incredible views, great organic food.

As other reviewers mentioned, Jodie and Brian are wonderful hosts: warm, witty, fun, non-dogmatic, generous, young, innovative, and respectful. Their intern Wilco who is extremely knowledgeable about many things but also a great person is someone you wish to meet when traveling but never do. Their dogs are unexpected bonus to this trip- be prepare to love as they will demand to be loved!

We spent 10 days here and the remaining 10 days else where near the beach. I must say that I missed Finca de Vida as soon as I left the place. All other places we went to, paled in comparison and we soon felt like the regular tourists doing typical tourists things. It didn't matter that some other places we stayed had better beds, fancier food, or convenience.

It has been more than a month since we came back from Costa Rica. Sometimes when I can't sleep at night listening to sound of ambulance or traffic noise, all of sudden I will hear Jodie's deep hearty laughter or see Max the dog's face asking you to throw the frisbee one more time or Mambo (the oldest dog) sitting quietly gazing at the down pouring rain.

This is a place for extraordinary experience that will stay with you for the rest of your life. I consider myself truly lucky.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I LOVE FINCA DE VIDA and I know you will love it too.

I can't think of a better place to enjoy your holiday or really focus on some healing. This valley is absolutely divine, with spectacular views, fresh water straight from a natural "birth spring" and plenty of sun.

Hosts Brian and Jodi offer fully-catered wellness and social retreats, but they also offer a self-catered option, which is what I chose. They were very generous to me going above-and-beyond what was offered on paper with unexpected gratuities that made all the difference. They arranged transport for me, booked a dental appointment when required and Jodi translated things from English to Español for me. They even shared their precious personal stash of healthy nibbles with me! (Don't tell them I told you).

In your unbelievably affordable nightly price of $38.50 to 55.00 you get as much free organic food as you can eat from the kitchen. You can choose from vegetarian, vegan, raw food, fruitarian health-food diets, you have free access to the yoga platform, wifi, and the room is turned over three days. Not only that but there are amazing waterfalls and natural springs in walking distance that you can travel to, or you can take a day trip down to any one of the amazing costal beaches that pepper the area. Brian and Jodi are health professionals who can offer an individual coaching plan, tailored to your specific health requirements. This is a great place to recover, revitalize, heal or just have fun! We even enjoyed the odd cinema night!

Room:
Designer cabins with gorgeous outdoor or indoor showers, with optional 360 views of the valley and ocean. A private deck on each room and a romantic mosquito net around each bed. I ended up getting one of these made to take home with me!

Other services:
They can arrange tours, massage, day spas, whatever you want. They can prepare meals for you if you prefer at a very reasonable price.

Overall I really appreciate the ethic of this place, for these guys it's all about offering health and wellness options that are affordable to normal, every-day people. It's about their deep personal belief in helping people heal and experience a genuine reconnection with nature.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Jessup, PA
Reviewed June 22, 2010

We were looking for a place that catered to vegetarians, provided easy access to good hikes, was environmentally conscious, not too expensive, charming, and not too hard to get to. We were directed to Finca de Vida from a raw food website. It looked nice and the prices were reasonable. I was so excited because they were hosting a week long raw foods retreat during the days I planned to stay. This place is more than what the website conveys. It is a little off the beaten path, but so worth the journey. We were taken on beautiful guided hikes to the most incredible waterfalls and gardens. The owners of the farm and the retreat facilitator were great educators and so much fun. They conveyed the importance of sustainability and the benefits of raw foods without being judgemental or preachy. We really made some good friends here! I wish I could've stayed for the entire retreat. It was like an all inclusive for people with a conscious! We stayed in the house that has 3 bedrooms and a shared bath, kitchen and small living room. It was downhill from the common areas. I think I'd prefer the rooms up closer to the common areas. There were a few new rooms being completed while we were there that are going to be fabulous.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bluehen11
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 4, 2010

"Another day in Paradise" was what ran through my mind each day I woke up and walked around the farm of life, what a beautiful place with amazing energy. Brian and Jody (the hosts) are amazing people with a lot of love and healing education to give. Any time I travel to Central America I will be sure to stop by.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 4, 2010

I was told about this resort location by a Doctor of PT in Atlanta, GA and just finished a one week retreat that the Doctor facilitated. I was not sure quite what to expect although I was told it was a very special and beautiful place with lots of eco adventure activities close by. It was a bit of a drive into the mountains to get there but once we were there, I was pleasantly surprised at the excellent quality of the facility, services, staff, food served and the adventures close by. I personally give this resort a high recommendation to everyone I know with the exception of elderly people since it may be a bit much of a drive off the highway on back roads to get there. This is an awesome place for anyone between the ages of 20 to 70 years old that live an active lifestyle and want to go next level with their health.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dominical
Waterfall Villas
MAVI Surf Hotel de Dominical
Roca Verde
Roca Verde
#9 of 14 in Dominical

Been to Farm of Life (Finca de Vida)? Share your experiences!