“Loved it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Farm of Life (Finca de Vida)

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dominical
Farm of Life (Finca de Vida)
You added Farm of Life (Finca de Vida) to your Saves list
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Finca de Vida is a ver special place, full of healing and beauty. I arrived there exhausted, out of shape and quite weak. I left 15 lbs lighter, happier and much stronger. Brian and Jody are very kind people who have given many a tremendous gift by creating such a wonderful place to experience health and growth on your own terms. I was able to relax and enjoy myself and my surroundings and my fellow travelers. I tasted delicious fruits that I had never heard of before. The rooms are well kept and I would rate the cleanliness a 4 out of 5, but I did feel that the kitchen would greatly benefit from the addition of hot water to keep the appliances clean, hence I gave it a 3 out of 5. This does need attention, but it will not deter me from returning, and I have already made plans to do so. The hiking, waterfalls and beaches are wonderful. The dogs are great and so is the cat. The people are fantastic. Thank you Farm of Life, for everything.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Lacey81

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Norrkoping, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I had such an amazing time at the farm. I spent a month there with several other guests and we had so much fun. There's so much positive energy and love from both the nature and the people. I came here mainly to work with my inner self and I got everything and even more than I hoped for! Brian, Jody and the volunteers are amazingly loving and talented people and I would recommend a vacation here for anyone that wants to heal and grow - physical or spiritual - or even just to come here to experience paradise. I had the best time in my life, thank you!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Jimmyhesus
Olds, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

How can I describe the beautiful surroundings and the experience we had on our yoga retreat. Brian and Jody are such wonderful people and gave me a very peaceful and non judgemental outlook on life. The cabin we stayed in was one of the new ones just built and had a spectacular view of the valley. It was so awesome waking up in the morning at dawn and laying out on the hammock listening to the howler monkeys and the other sounds of nature all around. The shower was an outdoor shower and was to die for. How great is it to be showering and looking out over the same valley. The cabin we stayed in is a labour of love and definitely five star. We went on some fantastic hikes to various stunning falls and down to the beach at dominical where we also shopped at their seaside market. I still dream of my week there and will never forget it or the wonderful people we met -especially the hosts and their cook who served us incredible vegetarian dishes each day. Thank you for a life time adventure

Room Tip: All the rooms are very unigue but I loved the one we had up on the hill near the yoga platform
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Arlene R
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I arrived late in the night and woke up to breathtaking scenery all around me! The layout of the farm is so well thought out and everything seems as if it has been carved out by God. Each part of the farm has been built with love and that came out the more and more I sank myself into this sacred land. Coming from the hustle and bustle of the states it took just a short time to see why Brian & Jody call this beautiful place home, and why volunteers, staff and tourists return again and again. You can enjoy meditation, sun gazing, healthy and delicious fruits & vegetables prepared daily, Tibetan bowl baths, the blossoming flowers, variety of herbs, natural wildlife, inspiring QiGong classes, yoga, natural spring dunk pool, the forest with all its mystery, the BEST massages, refreshing waterfalls, the wide-stretched beach and so much more. I arrived as a stranger to this oasis and left with friends/family that I will return to again. This Farm of Life radiates positive energy and healing in ways that, if you allow yourself to remain open, you may not have expected. Such a blessing to be around individuals that have your best body, mind and spirit gently in their hands, knowing that we can leave behind the stress and fears we may have attached ourselves to and replace those spaces with love in its purest form. The welcoming committee of the dog aspect of the family and Shakti the cat was an amazing added bonus. They are always giving love and know how to receive it as well which is a reminder to all their visitors. It was a sad day when I had to leave this blessed paradise though I carry with me the experiences, relationships, and anticipation of returning next year . . . or maybe even sooner!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank ViennaSunflower
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Farm of Life is a vacation of a lifetime. Clean air, beautiful environment, cleansing, clean, farm fresh, organic, delicious food are just some of the positive aspects. Jody and Brian, who own the farm, are very accommodating, loving and spiritual people who plan breath taking activities and sites to see. The cabins are lovely and very clean. You can sleep outside if you like and awake to Toucans and Holler Monkeys. This is not a traditional vacation but one that is very healing in all ways. You will leave feeling totally rejuvenated with a desire to return forever.

Room Tip: Hook up with Sam Mielcarski Raw Retreat.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank landebrown
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I knew my retreat with the amazing Twist & Sprout girls Susan and Lorna would be a fantastic, but I had not considered how much Finca de Vida would add to this experience.

I found the location breathtaking and welcoming. The accommodation, amenities and surroundings are faultless...and I am more than a little bit fussy! The hosts and staff were all great. Brian is inspiring and sharing, whilst Jody makes you feel everything has been taken care of.

Whatever your type of retreat, or if you are considering visiting independently, Finca de Vida is the perfect choice.

Room Tip: Monkey and Coconut houses for extra bit of luxury
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank LindsayKinn
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

This place is amazingly nestled in the crescent shaped, sacred mountains of San Salvador. Jodi and Brian have infused this place with so much love, turning a former cow-trodden landscape into a mountain oasis of tropical healing! Whether it's their gardens, the structures, the pool, the employees, the outings to waterfalls, hikes, horseback riding, or everything, the vibe of love is found throughout every step of the way. The fact that Jodi and Brian involve themselves with all their retreats and guests just shows proof that this is a passion-run center where they really live what they share. Another aspect I loved was the design and detail put into the building, the food presentation, and all the little details. I got lucky enough to stay longer and enjoyed every minute! Thank you so much, Jodi and Brian!!! I loved the scrumptious raw foods and organic fruits, the company of fellow guests and retreaters, the best reike and massage of my life, all of it. I also really loved bonding with the volunteers- this place attracts such special people and everyone felt like family to me. I was so pleasantly surprised, I couldn't have imagined it better. I look forward to seeing you in the future and I am so grateful for your positive support and beauty dream weaving. As a last note, I just want to thank Ellen for an awesome retreat and for her empowering guidance... and thanks to Finca de Vida for hosting Living Yoga ...and Twist and Sprout, too! I definitely recommend this place to all who search for truth, transformation, living in harmony with life, eating vibrant raw foods and pure fun and laughter!~sending a big hug from the white witch ;)

Room Tip: all the rooms are amazing... don't worry!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank tina c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dominical
Villas Alturas
Villas Rio Mar
Villas Rio Mar
#5 of 13 in Dominical
4.0 of 5 stars 438 reviews

Been to Farm of Life (Finca de Vida)? Share your experiences!