“Heavenly retreat location and wonderful hosts”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dominical
Farm of Life (Finca de Vida)
GreenLeadersGold level
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Heavenly retreat location and wonderful hosts”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I knew my retreat with the amazing Twist & Sprout girls Susan and Lorna would be a fantastic, but I had not considered how much Finca de Vida would add to this experience.

I found the location breathtaking and welcoming. The accommodation, amenities and surroundings are faultless...and I am more than a little bit fussy! The hosts and staff were all great. Brian is inspiring and sharing, whilst Jody makes you feel everything has been taken care of.

Whatever your type of retreat, or if you are considering visiting independently, Finca de Vida is the perfect choice.

Room Tip: Monkey and Coconut houses for extra bit of luxury
1 Thank LindsayKinn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Los Gatos, California
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This place is amazingly nestled in the crescent shaped, sacred mountains of San Salvador. Jodi and Brian have infused this place with so much love, turning a former cow-trodden landscape into a mountain oasis of tropical healing! Whether it's their gardens, the structures, the pool, the employees, the outings to waterfalls, hikes, horseback riding, or everything, the vibe of love is found throughout every step of the way. The fact that Jodi and Brian involve themselves with all their retreats and guests just shows proof that this is a passion-run center where they really live what they share. Another aspect I loved was the design and detail put into the building, the food presentation, and all the little details. I got lucky enough to stay longer and enjoyed every minute! Thank you so much, Jodi and Brian!!! I loved the scrumptious raw foods and organic fruits, the company of fellow guests and retreaters, the best reike and massage of my life, all of it. I also really loved bonding with the volunteers- this place attracts such special people and everyone felt like family to me. I was so pleasantly surprised, I couldn't have imagined it better. I look forward to seeing you in the future and I am so grateful for your positive support and beauty dream weaving. As a last note, I just want to thank Ellen for an awesome retreat and for her empowering guidance... and thanks to Finca de Vida for hosting Living Yoga ...and Twist and Sprout, too! I definitely recommend this place to all who search for truth, transformation, living in harmony with life, eating vibrant raw foods and pure fun and laughter!~sending a big hug from the white witch ;)

Room Tip: all the rooms are amazing... don't worry!
1 Thank tina c
Ubud, Indonesia
Reviewed February 25, 2014

What Brian and Jody are doing for the world - for everyone who touches ground at Finca De Vida - is something that brought tears to my eyes many times while at this slice of heaven on earth.

Far beyond a sustainable lodge and retreat, this place offers deep healing, heavenly food, a glowing and super friendly team, awesome advice in boosting our health from people who walk their talk and have come far in their own healing and health practices - and a truly gorgeous location.

My room - Casa Mono - was jaw droopingly gorgeous. The views were everything you'd hope for and more. The sense of community and the people I met were like instantaneous best friends. The yoga and learning on offer was super insightful, and Brian and Jody and their whole team were always willing to share their knowledge, their passion and their love for a healthy, wholesome lifestyle.

If there was one place I'd recommend on my three month voyage to Northern California and Costa Rica, it would be this place.

The raw food chef - Amanda - prepared some of the most delicious raw food I've ever tasted - including (and don't miss these!) the raw snickers bar, kale chips, and onion bread sandwiches. Brian's tour of his farm and garden was an adventure in discovering all sorts of healing herbs, and packed with useful information for those looking to heal or boost their health.

Plenty of activities are on offer from this base camp, and my favourite in the short time that I was there was a horseback riding trip along the many streams and country roads in the Diamante Valley.

Do yourself, your family, and your friends a favour - stay here. Soak it all in. And spread the word. And then go out into the world energised, inspired, and ready to live your dreams with more zest than you knew you had.

Room Tip: Casa Mono and the one next to it have spectacular views and great showers, and all things you'd...
1 Thank evo_rod
Strasbourg, France
Reviewed February 10, 2014

every single thing they do is perfect! the atmosphere, the food, the excussion, the location (!!!), the views, accomadations, bed, people, yoga classes..
e v e r y t h i n g...
I am really new to the raw food world and didn't felf left over, there is something for everybody who want to get the experience, Ive learn so much,
I can't wait to go back, I know I will!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank ayline442
Murrieta, California
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I came to Farm of Life to heal chemical sensitivity and to prepare myself for the next chapter of my life. And that is exactly what has happened and continues to happen. I feel such gratitude for being here, to have had this opportunity, and to call Farm of Life my home for the past couple of months.

Jody and Brian, owners, along with the help of their local staff and incredible volunteers, lovingly provide an opportunity to heal, to be adventurous, to be nurtured, to have lots of fun, to be in fruit and vegetable heaven, to live and play in paradise, all with a feeling of home. Being here is a life experience and you leave here with your heart more open, new friends, a healthy glow, and with an inner connection for living your life in a new way – with choice! There is an opportunity to look at anything you'd like to look at and learn about, but there is absolutely no pressure to do this or to change – you can customize your stay however you choose. And that is what I love about Finca de Vida – Farm of Life, which truly IS a Vacation for Health and SO much more!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Jacalyn2014
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I went to Finca de Vida for healing and I came away healed.
It is a setting of outstanding natural beauty, the air is delicious, the sun blesses everyone and everything on the mountain, the food is everything we need to flourish and the atmosphere is like bathing in an ocean of unconditional love.

I slept literally like a baby, out cold for 12 hours plus, the dogs gave their own beautiful brand of doggy love in between asking for watermelon run and bananas.

I couldn't possibly bend and shape this clumsy language into sufficient praise for Brian, Jodi and the brilliant staff - Susan, Lorna, Amanda and Jack. Nothing was too much, everybody was accepted and loved

Of course I will be going back and the sooner the better but I will always carry Finca de Vida in my heart

Room Tip: All the rooms are great
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jane G
Wetteren, Belgium
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I am a woman travelling alone and was initially looking for a place that would give me a safe feeling. This was so much more. It was a truly changing life experience. A little piece of heaven. A garden of Eden, which is - with the stunning background of Costa Rica's nature - not hard, BUT what truly makes the difference is the people. They make the place.
I learned so much. From yoga (twist and sprout) to great raw food (twist and sprout and Amanda Froelich) to the best massage (Topher) to reiki (Bryan and Jody) to having inspiring conversations with the owners, other guests - like minded people…
If you feel the need to be by yourself you can perfectly do that in your cabin. If you want someone to talk to you go to the communal area. I haven't felt so energised in years and I left with a very good and warm feeling and a lot more knowledge. I am so grateful that I have found this place and it's people. I have tremendous respect for all the people who make the place, you can feel the passion. As soon as the taxi came to pick me up and bring me back to San José…I knew I was going back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Vanessa D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dominical
Cascadas Farallas Waterfall Villas
MAVI Surf Hotel de Dominical
Villas Alturas
Villas Alturas
#4 of 14 in Dominical

Been to Farm of Life (Finca de Vida)? Share your experiences!