“Another level of awareness & being!”
Review of Farm of Life

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dominical
Farm of Life
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 30, 2013

From the moment I arrived at Finca de Vida I felt "at home"...not in the sense of being in MY home with all of it's distractions, etc. but in a place that I felt open-hearted, at peace and spiritually in my element! Brian & Jody were incredible hosts with all of the adventures planned to waterfalls, hikes, fabulous organic food grown on the property, wisdom & knowledge that invites you to look at life differently and engage yourself in the endless possibilities for what we can create in life. The staff were AMAZING people (they call themselves "Team Awesome"!) and so much FUN to be around. You just HAVE to experience this place...life will never be the same after that!

Room Tip: Every room has it's own uniqueness!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Barbara D

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The owners Brian and Jody walk their talk and are incredible resources for a healthy life style. The accommodations are beautiful along with the amazing views. The staff become friends within minutes. They create lovely raw meals and share easily recipes, lifestyle, music etc. If you are prone to car sickness then bring along pulse wrist bands, dramamine, ginger or whatever works for you. I did not realize why I was not feeling well when we went on long drives for the magical day trips we took (waterfalls in the secluded mountains are breathtaking). The roads are rough. Not all day trips are a long way away and some we actually walked to. I simply didn't realize until the last day that that was my problem, not food or water. The water is sparkling clean and tasteful! Ask about sun gazing as that is an awesome meditation practice. Magical place:)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Linda-Red-50
Reviewed April 29, 2013

You must visit the beautiful Finca de Vida! The vibe is very healing. The rooms are rejuvenating. The food is nourishing. Brian and Jody emanate hospitality, compassion, and wisdom. The farm of life will only get better as their fruit trees grow. You are near Domincal beach and the beautiful city of San Isidro. Don't forget to go to the amazing Nayaca waterfall and Diamonte waterfall. Yoga on the yoga platform is unforgettable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Evan R
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed for 7 days at Finca de Fida (Farm of Life), in March 2013. I travelled alone (female), and do not speak Spanish. I had no problems and felt safe. When I arrived in Costa Rica I took a taxi to Margarita's B&B (about 10 min. from airport). $35 for the night which included dinner and breakfast the next morning. The next day I traveled by car to Dominical (a beautiful 3 hour drive). In Dominical Brian and Jodi had arranged for a 4x4 taxi to bring me the rest of the way to the farm (about 45 minutes, and $55). It was well worth the trip because this place in so beautiful, tropical, peaceful. The rooms are great, clean, comfortable beds, no bugs. Internet connection in my room which was great. The water is clean and you can drink it from the tap. I had fresh fruits & vegetables everyday. I brought some rice and snacks. The owners are so nice, and I did a few activities which I recommend (horseback riding, two waterfalls, yoga, massage). I would definately go back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Sarah J
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Keen me was looking for more adventure after 10 days exploring remote spots around the country and eating local cuisine without incident. Why not go farther, look at other perspectives and go RAW, I thought?

Wow! What a gorgeous spot! A little pricey and remote to get to by taxi $55 from Dominical but warm and welcoming hosts, gentle guests and inviting atmosphere, great rooms and exquisite views. Hikes out the back door to falls and refreshing streams -- what could be better to finish an excellent trip? Nothing!

Trouble only strikes when an unprepared regular gal meets absolute raw and the inerards do not agree. I believe, and this is just me, this spot would be best for confirmed vegans, vegetarians or raw food people. It was a bit of a shock to my system!

Back home now with my stove, meat, cheese, comfort and healthy my-style.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Linda P
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Spending a week in the paradise that is Finca de Vida truly was a life saving and life changing experience. I feel completely clean and refreshed and am already incorporating many of the conscious living choices I learned there. Jody & Brian and their incredible staff made us all feel so welcome. The word I kept thinking was "home." They taught us about raw and vegetarian eating, making alkaline choices and showed us some alternative meditation practices that were nurturing and awakening. I highly recommend this Farm of Life when you want a life changing jolt. I'll never forget it and will definitely return with many friends. It's a perfect locale for a group retreat of some much needed me time. Thank you!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CindyYantis
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Our blogpost from the stay at Farm of life/Finca de Vida: http://rawcostarica.blogspot.no/2013/01/farm-of-life.html

We are a family of four who had planned a 1 month trip to Costa Rica dec/jan 2012/2013. Through Youtube and an interest in healthier eating we found Finca de Vida and decided to book 5 days there over the Christmas holidays. We should have booked at least a week or two!

To get there: we travelled from Quepos by taxi to Dominical (we could probably easily have taken a bus). Through recommendations from Jody (at Farm of life) we had a new taxi waiting for us in Dominical (this taxi driver knew the way to the farm). Brian picked us up a few km from the farm (the last bit of road was too bumpy for the taxi).

We were met by friendly people and friendly dogs and shown to our beautiful, clean room with a fantastic view of the valley and jungle!

The "Harvest house" with all you can eat fruits and vegetables was perfect - we loved our Banana-Mango smoothies.

The raw food demos were inspiring (and tasty) and the hikes were refreshing and beautiful.

The people that stayed there at the same time as us were great, the people who work there are fantastic, the nature and location is beautiful and refreshing, the fruit you get is perfect and the atmosphere is like being at summer camp :)

When we had to go our daughters (9 and 12 yrs) begged us to stay longer and my husband and I didn´t want to leave either. So, when we go back we will stay longer!

Room Tip: Toucan, Butterfly and Macaw all have a lovely view :)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family