“Revitalize your Senses”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dominical
Farm of Life (Finca de Vida)
GreenLeadersGold level
Roswell, Georgia
“Revitalize your Senses”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I'm a tough one to please when it comes to holiday experiences. You can orchestrate just about everything perfectly, but if you make one mistake, I notice. Finca de Vida is about as close to perfection as I've ever experienced.

If you shower in the Butterfly Lodge, you can't help open the window that overlooks the nearly 800 foot drop into a valley replete with everything from macaws (their blazing color) to the distant wafting sounds of a lowland creek. And the smells cannot be described.

Hungry? Tear off a cluster of katuk and have a nutty snack from one of the nearby bushes or bust open a coconut with a machete.

Brian and Jody have birthed a perfect enclave for spiritual connection that involves all of the senses and, moreover, are two of the type of people with the imagination and impeccability to make it work for just about anyone.

Encore!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dana S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
De Bilt, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Brian and Jody are warm people every moment prepared to fulfill your needs, but what do you need more if everything you need is available on the site: raw food walhalla, kids could make their own juices, chop coco's, kid friendly, super sleeping facility with excellent views, amazing hikes to waterfalls, taught to walk hikes bear footed: the stay was a whole experience on itself. Brian even let me use his 29er MTB. The environment is excellent for MTB, sometimes a little too steep. Adventurous stay and one of the highlights of Costa Rica.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Nicksluijter
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I spent a lovely time at Finca de Vida enjoying the spacious views, yoga deck, amazing delicious food and exploring the gardens. Jody and Brian were exceptionally gracious in hosting me for a class I taught about the 13 global survival plants. I highly recommend Finca de Vida for a preplanned workshop or retreat or simply as a personal vacation for recharging your soul and life passion

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank katrina b
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Brian and Jodi are wonderful people. I only visited their place a few times but knew that it is a place I MUST go back to. Not only is there breath taking scenery and delicious gourmet raw meals, but the guest that show up there, as well as the staff are worth knowing. I highly recommend it for anyone looking to embrace mind body and spirit.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank CharlotteH711
San Isidro de El General, Costa Rica
Reviewed December 12, 2011

just arrived at finca de vida recently and have been enchanted with the abundant natural beauty, wonderful welcoming staff, well loved grounds, bountiful gardens, eatable greens and flowers all around, hikes and fun neighbors, love and wisdom of jody and brian, chilled out guests and doggies, ...the list goes on! most of all, its time to let go of stress and allow my light to shine! thank you for finca de vida!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank omswastiastu
Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Brian and Jody are amazing, wonderful, loving and caring people. They have put their hearts into this retreat center completely out of love and the desire to do what they can to help others. Whether you are wanting to go there to eat all raw food or not you will still love the retreat. It is a beautiful place and I was very impressed with my bedroom that I stayed in. They have a lot to offer if you are going there to heal and they have a lot to offer if you are just going for a fun vacation! You can tell that you are in the company of loving energy when you are there. The food is excellent too! I especially love eating food that I know is organically grown on the land. Get ready for a positive emotional shift if you stay there and reconnecting with your true nature. I know I did.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Raquel2911
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 17, 2011

The service I received at Finca De Vida was oustanding! I stayed in the Butterfly Suite, a lovely room that offered plenty of natural light. I spent many early mornings outside on my private balcony soaking up the sun and also the breathtaking view of the encompassing mountains. I was granted the opportunity to experience the earthly beauty and spiritual insight of this very special and unique place; tucked away in the mountains off the pacific coast. I feel strongly that the universe conspired and unfolded its plan for me to experience Finca De Vida. I will never forget my first morning waking up to the indistinct sound of the howeler monkeys. I chose not unpack my alarm clock and decided to make the natural sounds a ritual to wake up to each morning. I discovered an interest in meditation about a few years ago after visiting a buddhist monastery in Carmel, NY. Of course the monks at the monastery made the superficial appearance of meditation so very effortless; and if I asked upon special request, they could probably levitate. Getting back on the meditation horse and making a more solid commitment to it was my original purpose for coming here. Finca De Vida offers many natural settings to practice outdoors. Being a novice at outdoor meditation, I soon realized how much of a bug magnet I was destined to be, however, the bugs and the rest of the elements I soon learned to except as part of the experience. Coming from the city it took a few days to adjust to the pulse and energy of the farm. Eventually it became easier to devote more time to the practice. Even on a cloudy day this beautiful Garden of Eden was a joy to explore and on your own you will most likely be accompanied by Ceasar the dog! By the way Ceasar is a loyal and faithful guide dog. He is excellent company and I personally have been guided on many walks with him. I felt right at home being in the community kitchen / restaurant. The Kitchen at Finca De Vida is fully equipped with so many great tools for designing your own personal wholesome creative inventions. There was always an abundance of fresh tropical organic fruits picked daily from the farm. I learned so much about nutrition and more during some really great personalized health coach sessions from Brian and Jodi. Chris and Lisa, the service that you provided for me and for others was invaluable. I hope we all meet again soon. I enjoyed getting to know all of you! The end of my journey in Costa Rica was really just the beginning. I was very sad to leave but grateful for the opportunity to share and make new friends. I gained a brand new perspective on life; after all it is we who create our own reality.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Trever S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dominical
Waterfall Villas
MAVI Surf Hotel de Dominical
Roca Verde
Roca Verde
#9 of 14 in Dominical

Been to Farm of Life (Finca de Vida)? Share your experiences!