“The most incredible, and affordable lifechanging place you can stay at!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dominical
Farm of Life (Finca de Vida)
GreenLeadersGold level
London
“The most incredible, and affordable lifechanging place you can stay at!”
Reviewed May 27, 2011

I spent ten days at Finca Da Vida, I was actually there to write an article for Yoga Magazine on eco places in Costa Rica. I stayed at 12 places all up and Finca Da Vida was by far the best. Brian and Jody are such special people, as is the setting, so much more beautiful in person than it is in the photos. They really don't do it justice as the beauty of the place is also to do with the serene energy you feel when your there. The view from my Mariposa suite was breathtaking and the endless fruit and veges were soooo good. I tried many exotic fruits whilst there as well which I now dream of since I have returned to London. The walk to Nyauca was amazing and I can't wait to do Diamante when I return. The yoga deck is just fabulous, was in my top 3 yoga decks out of the 12 that I saw. I loved Brian's Reiki he did and chatting to him and Jody and the other guests. They are such genuine people, who really care about YOU and your health! You make friends for life here and you will want to go back as I am in September! Two visits in one year, I can't wish for anything more! well except maybe to live there full time!!

Room Tip: I loved the Mariposa suite!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Anndiamond30

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Rincon, Puerto Rico
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Words and pictures can not adequately suffice in describing Jody and Brian"s creation. Wonder and splendor abound as you experience the moment.
Incredible accommodations, living food, pure spring water, breathtaking views, and absolute natural beauty await you for an experience of experiences.
Get here and you will not want to leave.
Take a trek to Nayaca and swim in pristine waters, take a hike to Diamante to
be mezmorized, meditate on the farm and take a journey into your spirit!

Room Tip: Every room is the best room - you can't lose!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JackandDalia103010
Texas City, Texas
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Greetings, Finca De Vida is pure heaven. Please visit their website where you can view the personal blogs of some of the guests experiences. It is a magical place for the spirit to grow, the body to heal and the mind to rest. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful place to relax, love and live in the present moment.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Texasgirl2011
Los Osos, California
Reviewed April 26, 2011

We LOVED it. I brought two good friends/colleagues here on a trip to experience Costa Rica and look at land for developing an eco-village/retreat for reconnecting ourselves and others with Nature. Brian and Jody were very helpful in providing us with exactly the accommodations we needed (on very short notice), at very reasonable prices, and all the people there felt like "spirit family"! We stayed in the classy and comfy "Hawk's nest" which has magnificent views (and good shower heat/pressure, which is important to me)! The RAW FOOD CUISINE was second to none. There were three different and amazingly talented raw food chefs volunteering there during our stay, so we ate the BEST GOURMET HEALING foods infused with good energy and LOVE - so divine! Brian provided us with key information regarding purchasing land in CR and Jody was also very helpful in taking us on a property tour in the local area (and arranging for another tour with one of her real estate friends). We felt like we really made the most of our business objectives, yet also had a BLAST going on fun adventures. Brian led us up the long and steep hike to the nearby 600-ft Diamante Falls, with nearby medicine garden, which was so worth it. It was "like being in the movie Avatar," just as Brian had described it to us. We didn't have a change to visit the local Farmers Market or Dominical Beach, or many of the other local attractions, but we'll have plenty of opportunities to, since we have decided to move there next month!!! We are incredibly grateful for Finca de Vida and very much looking fwd to being their neighbors. Pura Vida!

Room Tip: Ask for the Hawk's Nest :^)
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Zandha
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed April 25, 2011

It is impossible to not give Finca de Vida an amazing review when everything about the place follows the laws of nature and encourages living the way we were designed to live. My husband and I are always trying to explore new things that promotes health and healing and stumbled across Finca de Vida on the web after booking our Costa Rican honeymoon. I couldn't have a mentioned a better place to spend the end of our trip, we only wish we could have stayed longer. The minute we arrived we both looked at each other and said "wow-this is going to be amazing".

"FInca de Vida was the perfect location for my wife and I to close out our honeymoon and it will continue to be a place that we return to for our vacations. Finca de Vida has become a very special place in our hearts. Not only was it beautiful and unique and abundant with fruit and veg, but we were both able to reconnect with the earth in a way that I did not imagine. We took beautiful hikes through out Diamante Valley to impressive waterfalls and ate fruit that could make a dessert junkie proud. Not a day goes by when I don't think about the concepts we nurtured at Finca de Vida. From encouraging healthy living through diet to taping into healing properties inherent within each one of us, it is very empowering to become more aware of our human potential. Thank you Finca de Vida!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brunsonrockwell
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I could write about 10 pages on how amazing Finca De Vida is so I will just make it sweet and concise.
This farm is located in the most incredible area of Costa Rica. I traveled around the entire country and this mountainous region was by far my favorite. The temperature is perfect and it is not too far from either the beach or the larger city of San Isidro, but far enough away that it is very tranquil.
Finca De Vida offers everything you could ask for on a holiday. There are multiple tours offered to the beach or various waterfalls and many other tours (permaculture tours, snorkeling, etc.) . There is also an endless supply of fresh fruit and veggies included in your stay. The cabins are gorgeous!!! Brian and Jody and staff are amazing! The view at Finca De Vida is one of the best I have seen anywhere in the world, and I have traveled a lot.
Also, as part of my stay I did a healing regime. Brian and Jody are the perfect balance of knowledge and personality to support healing in any form. I had severe kidney disease prior to going to Finca De Vida and now I am off all of my medication and have no fluid in my body at all (a sign of kidney disease) and I feel so full of vitality and energy!

Regardless if you want a holiday or you want to do a cleanse or you have a serious health issue you want to remedy, this is the place!

I cannot wait to go back to Finca De Vida. I changed my plans three of four times when I was there because I never wanted to leave!

You will love Finca De Vida!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kayla090
Johns Creek, Georgia
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I just returned from Finca De Vida and I cannot say enough about this amazing retreat center. Brian and Jody have created a magical space that everyone should be blessed enough to visit. I enjoyed a nice mix between relaxing at the farm and going on adventures to amazing waterfalls and beautiful beaches. They will make your trip anything that you want it to be. The scenery is amazing- everywhere you look all you see is beauty. You fall asleep and wake to the most beautiful sounds of nature. And the night sky is like nothing you have ever seen before! My cabin was amazing and so comfortable! The food was incredible! The fruit was the best I have had and the dishes prepared by their chef, Chris Kendall, were nothing short of amazing. Brian and Jody are a wealth of information and radiate such joy and health; you just want to follow their in their path. The volunteers, Lisa and Chris, are also beautiful souls who I was blessed to spend time with and get to know. I consider them friends who I know I will see again. And I can't forget to mention the amazing dogs of the farm! All 3 of them are as special and just as spirit filled as the people there! Being in this beautiful space with these amazing souls, makes you slow down and really center yourself and find a peace that you want to hold on to. For me, it truly made me look at my life differently and I left knowing that I am going to make some major positive shifts in my life. I went just for a vacation, but ended up with a life transforming experience. I know my life will never be the same after visiting this magical retreat. Thank you, Brian and Jody!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank skilbourn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dominical
Waterfall Villas
#5 of 12 in Uvita
Villas Alturas
Villas Alturas
#4 of 14 in Dominical

Been to Farm of Life (Finca de Vida)? Share your experiences!