“Beautiful Boutique Hotel in Costa Rica!”
Review of Cuna Del Angel

Cuna Del Angel
Ranked #9 of 45 Restaurants in Dominical
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
The Woodlands, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful Boutique Hotel in Costa Rica!”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

This boutique hotel is a lovely place to stay and has marvelous views to remember forever! The service was exceptional and the food was delicious.

The hotel staff was pleasant, accommodating and professional. I only stayed here over night and I am hoping to stay at this beautiful hotel again with my family for a few days. I highly recommend this place and whether you prefer a gluten free diet or not, the food is very tasty and fresh.

Pack your bags and stay at Cuna de Angel to unwind!

• Visited May 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent fish and wine list”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Was an exceptional meal for this area of Costa Rica. We own a home here and come several times a year from Chicago. We actually have a house directly across the street up the mountain to Escalares so it is very convenient. The seafood is always delicious and well prepared, the wine list is exceptional and the service is magnitifcent. We go to this restaurant at least twice every time we come to CR. Definately recommend it as a special night out.

• Visited February 2014
Washington,DC
“Gluten Free in Costa Rica”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Traveling abroad can be tricky when you are gluten-free. Luckily, the restaurant at Cuna del Angel wasn't crowded and served the kind of food that eased the loaded for my visiting friend. The menu was fairly extensive, but the service was great, and our waiter took great pains to explain our options. Overall, the atmosphere was very nice. It was a little pricey but if you're looking to splurge, then I would say " go for it!"

Visited March 2014
1 Thank jan2204
Calgary, Canada
“Very good...but pricey”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I have to admit the the food was very good and I liked the whole gluten free idea. I had a really good salad and a good pasta (quite small serving). Service was very good.
However, I agree with other reviews that the menu is a bit boring. The hotel/restaurant is proud of its sustainable practices but only serves bottled water arguing that the water is not drinkable...but I doubt that they make ice and wash dishes with bottled water! Also, customers are not told that the water is bottled...you ask for a glass of water and they bring a plastic bottle.
And yes, it is pricey.

Quepos, Costa Rica
“A wonderful surprise.....”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I just returned from an absolutely fantastic lunch at Cuna del Angel. Many years in the hotel business and a food critic when it comes to fine food this was asbsolutely one of the best culinary experiences I had in Costa Rica (and abroad) - Great food (all glutenfree), attention to detail and a great service staff made me enjoy every penny I spent! This restaurant staff is to be applauded and is located in one of the most beautiful parts of Costa Rica. The hotel is absolutely 5 STAR!

Harry Bodaan