“was pleasant and good”

Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed December 5, 2012

liked the fish tacos, didn't like how i had to "find" my waitress any time i wanted something...had to interrupt her eating at the bar to order more drinks

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Went to Tortilla Flats in Dominicale for lunch. The place was packed so we sat at the bar and were served by the bartender. Me and the amigo had the fish tacos. Fairly fishy but with fresh salsa and salad. I really enjoyed them but mainly because my friend gave me his fish since it wasn't to his liking. This place is probably very fun in the evening.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Went into Tortilla Flats our first and only night in Dominical. Food was pretty good, prices good, this town seems to have a bit of a refrigeration issue. We had to drink another type of beer since they were the coldest. Could use a bit more light. Would go again.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This place is great, given that you can step from the sand right into the restaurant. The food is great, good ambiance. However, the waiter was more interested in talking to a bunch of girls sitting by us than taking care of all the rest of the guests there. He did his job, he was just very slow at it, because he focus was elsewhere. If waiting for service is not a big issue for you, this is a must stop.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

You'll enjoy eating here for breakfast, and at all other times! I was told that Tortilla Flats is on the list of top 25 beach bars, and I believe it. Very open atmosphere, sensible prices and friendly bartenders, many of whom are surfers. I think they all speak English and a couple other languages too. Sometimes they have live music on weekends, and there are other festive events too---possibly best experienced in person. Costa Ricans go all out for Halloween. I have to wonder if they do up St. Patrick's Day too?