Review of Coconut Spice Restaurant - CLOSED

Coconut Spice Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We were looking forward to this restaurant as we love Thai food. Looked for it in the dark and thought we just missed it, but went back in day light.... it is no longer open.

Visited January 2014

North Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The restaurant is no longer there. We went for dinner and found the space empty so don't plan on Thai in Dominical.

Visited February 2014
Frisco, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food was ok”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Quiet atmosphere. Food was just ok. Way too many dogs (yes we saw that this was the norm in some restaurants). When we alerted the server that several in our party had allergic reactions she seemed to be bothered.

Visited July 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Place should be closed”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Service....surly and rude. Food....unrecognizable as Thai. We ordered pad thai and suffice it to say it had no relation to what the actual dish should look or taste like. The waiter said they get that comment often and then shrugged his shoulders.

• Visited August 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Gross.”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This place is terrible. Being away from home for a couple months, I was really craving Thai food. Costa Rican food is never spicy and can be kinda bland after awhile. Costa Rica has the climate and is able to grow some of the same ingredients they have in Thailand, so I was excited when a friend recommended this place. We drove from Quepos just to eat here. When we showed up, the service was sort of bad, like we were a nuisance. We ordered spring rolls to start and they came out cool and soggy, sitting in a pile of grease, like they didn't wait for the oil to get hot enough and the spring roll wrapper wasn't all the way cooked. A friend of mine ordered a shrimp on toast appetizer that was not horrible, it just wasn't good either, but at least it was hot.. Our entrees were 1 in 4. I ordered the pineapple fried rice with shrimp after looking at the other unappetizing menu photos. Mine was good, though I ordered it spicy, and is wasn't.... The other meals in my group left a lot to be desired. My friend ordered seafood green curry and it was mostly a lot of sad shells in even sadder gray sauce. There was no substance to it. Our food barely hit the flavor profiles that would even deem it Thai food.

Also it was a very expensive meal. I left wishing I had just gone to my fav soda and paid $6 for shrimp and rice, instead of paying $25 for a meal that was barely so-so. My friends were close to mutiny. I wouldn't bother, there are a lot of other amazing restaurants, especially if you are going to spend that kind of money, where the food is not only delicious but hot, and the server will treat you like gold instead of an interruption.

Visited July 2013