“Hidden Gem”

Add it.
Coconut Spice Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed January 25, 2013

In the small town of Dominical, most all stores and restaurants are right on the main road. Often overlooked, Coconut Spice is set back off that road at the ninety degree turn of the entrance road to Dominical......this restaurant in worth going to!
The service is very attentive and the menu choices are abundant. During my last visit, I ate there three different times and three different meals. My favorite was yellow curry chicken, followed closely by the tandoori chicken.....which in my case was bursting with flavor and was very tender.
Compared to other restaurants in the town of Dominical, I would rate this one #1.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We went for dinner and it was terrible. We ordered tandoori chicken and spring rolls. The chicken was dry, way overcooked and under seasoned. The spring rolls were like chewing gum. Ugh. I can't believe we payed for food so awful.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Out of tonic for gin/tonic. Out of most wines listed on menu. Marguerita was way too sweet! (Maybe that's the way they like them in Costa Rica?)

Reviewed January 6, 2013

The Singaporean shrimp and pork dish was outstanding. Nice atmosphere and decent service, especially since 9 of walked in unannounced!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We ate here twice while in Dominical. The menu is huge, and the portions are very large! I loved their coconut chicken soup. My husband and sons loved the fish soup. Our daughter ordered the chicken satay and it was delicious.

There isn't much of a wine list and not many beers, but there is a bar. The restaurant is outdoor as are most restaurants in Dominical. If you're in Dominical, you owe it to yourself to give this restaurant a try!