“Good people, Cold Beer, and Great Surf”
Review of Que Nivel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dominical
Que Nivel
Ranked #10 of 13 Dominical B&B and Inns
NaecoSurf7
“Good people, Cold Beer, and Great Surf”
Reviewed March 21, 2009

If my heading doesnt explain it, i dont know what else you could ask for in a place to stay. Que nivel was one of highlights of my two month backpacking excursion through Costa. The rooms were clean, with great beds, hot water, great food in the restaurant, and best of all surf racks in every room. The Bar is one of the hot spots in town with its weekly DJ and live music performances meeting people was not a problem. Its a great place to stay traveling alone or in a group. Not only were other guests awesome, but the staff and hotel owner herself could not have been cooler and more helpful. Located across the street from the infamous heavy wave of Dominical beach break it is truely paradise. If you are heading to Dominical you have to check this place out!! Safe Travels and Pura Vida.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank NaecoSurf7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Liquidsilver96
Reviewed August 26, 2008

We stayed in Dominical for 4 days at the end of our Costa Rica Trip. We came in a Bus from Quepos and had a bit of a hard time finding the hotel until we asked a local. In reality Domincal is so small we could have walked the entire town in 5 minutes and found it ourselves.

We had the Green room at first, but he toilet broke, and we were switched into the Blue room at the far end of the hotel. We would later be very grateful for this move. The rooms were great, nice beds, lots of storage space. The shower is definately the nicest feature, wish I had on in my house. We had one of the NON A/C rooms but with the windows open at night the room was plenty cool.

During the day we could hang out on the porch and we had a hommock next to our window. The staff could always be found, though they were in Thruster most of the time and not the office.

The reason we were glad we got the second room is thrusters generally plays music from around 11am until 1am. It is a bit loud and with the windows open could get annoying to someone. It never bothered us much, but could be a problems for families with kids.

Overall I loved the place and would stay there again in a second.

• Liked — The rooms where great
  • Disliked — Some loud music
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Kennesaw, GA
Reviewed June 7, 2008

I go to Costa Rica once a year to surf. I always end up in Dominical. I thought I had stayed everywhere there, until I noticed Que Nivel. I stayed there and found out that not only do they have affordable prices but they are the best place to stay in Dominical.
I found brand new everything, from mattresses to bathrooms. The showers are really cool its like showering outside. They even have a water heater and not those tico death showers. The rooms are done by color. I stayed in the Blue room. They also have surfboard racks so my bros and I had a place to put our boards.
This place has the best food too! I had almost everything on their menu and it was all awesome.

• Liked — The unique style
  • Disliked — That they were not around last time I was there
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank ECsurf39
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed May 2, 2008

I was backpacking through Costa Rica and came across a newly renovated hotel/bar/restaurant called Que Nivel. Formerly known as Thrusters, the rooms were completely renovated. The beds were the most comfortable I experienced in Costa Rica. The room had a board rack for surfers like me, and the bathrooms were incredible. It was different, well thought out, and a great price.

• Liked — The style of the rooms.
  • Disliked — Realizing I paid the same price for lesser accomodations on my trip.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo