“Bad experience”
Review of Que Nivel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dominical
Que Nivel
Ranked #9 of 12 Dominical B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I did not have a good experience here. After 30 minutes of checking in to our room, we realized that the toilet did not flush. The staff immediately moved us to the blue room at the end of the hall. The second room only had one working fan. The shower was also not working. Fortunately, the staff fixed both issues, but we were still having problems with the low water pressure. The worst came at night. There were bugs crawling in our beds and I was getting bit. When I got up to go to the restroom to check out my bug bites, I was horrified to see tons of roaches scattering all over the bathroom. I wanted to pack up my things and go right then, but my family was asleep and I didn't want to wake them up. We checked out the next morning.

This is my 3rd visit to Costa Rica and I've never had a problem with roaches before. In CR you get used to seeing bugs. I'm okay with there being some bugs in the room, but this was unacceptable. We ended staying at a nearby inn in town that was very clean and during my stay there I did not see ONE bug, which is pretty amazing considering it's CR and it cost less than Que Nivel.

CONS
-Between the two rooms the toilet, shower, and fan were not working.
-The bathroom in the first room was dirty.
-The towels were old and raggedy with holes in them.
-Roaches in the bathroom
-Bugs in the bed
-Poor lighting, very dark room.
-Very uncomfortable pillow. The stuffing was balled up causing it to be hard & uneven.

PROS
-Location to the beach.
-Sheets were really soft
-Design of the room & shower is simple & modern.
-The bar
-Cool surf murals
-No suicide showers!

Note: During my stay the owner/manager were not there. I was told that the maintenance guy was on vacation and had just gotten back. It appeared that the hostel was being run by the bartender. This may have been the reason why there were so many issues.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank karolinapollak
There are newer reviews for Que Nivel

Reviewed May 1, 2012

30 second walk to the beach! Room was clean, simple, and comfortable. The beds were surprisingly comfortable, and the pebble shower was an added bonus. Staff was great, and the dogs were so cute:) I was honestly surprised that it was so inexpensive. If you are looking for a five star resort, this is not for you. But then again, if that's what you're looking for, Dominical is probably not the place for you either. Haha. But seriously, it was perfect for a nice, relaxed vacation in a great little surf town:) The staff knew all of the best spots and adventures to go on. Very helpful, as it was my first time in Dominical. The food was fast and really good. Drinks were tasty, and the bar was always open:) I had a lot of fun at that bar, yet I could go to sleep whenever, since the air conditioner covered any noise, and was nice and cold. WIN WIN WIN. I'll be back soon!!!

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank EricaBrooks
Reviewed March 19, 2012

The hostel had small, simple rooms with cement floors, fan and AC options(and a really sweet pebble shower!). The owner's dogs immediately befriended us and accompanied us around town. For just $10 a person/night, you can't complain. The restaurant/bar got very active at night with tourists and locals alike. A great place to hang out and meet people if you're young and enjoy a good party. Just a minutes walk to the beach and some of the best breakfast biscuits we've ever had, this place is perfect for the young backpacker but not the best if you really need a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: downstairs is cooler, and stay as far from the bar as possible since it gets VERY noisy at night.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hannnahbelle
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My review title says it all! The room was dark and pretty bare, but it was clean and the air conditioner worked well. It was a fine place to crash after a hot and sandy day on the beach. Not a lot in the way of atmosphere though.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2011

When we rolled into Domincal later than expected we visited quite a few places that were way overpriced, until we were pointed towards Que Nivel. Great atmosphere, good restaurants nearby and very friendly people. Wifi throughout. Perfect for surfers to meet and hang out, the rooms are even set up with stand up draying racks for your board!

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed January 8, 2011

Staff was very friendly an helpful. One room had cockroaches. All rooms smelled musty. At least one bed smelled of urine. Bar music was like a cheese grater on your ears until we hours of the morning. Might have gotten 4 hours sleep between bar closing and my 7 AM snorkel tour. The wonderful staff should quit this place and go to work for a nicer property.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank StevenFors
Reviewed August 31, 2010

I stayed at Que Nivel for about a week and I loved it. A couple of friends recommended that I stay their if I ever make my way out to Dominical. I stayed in the green room which is located on the bottom floor at the end of the building. It had AC and an awsome shower and comfortable bed. The staff was great and would spend time chatting with them and get recomendations and were I should go explore next.
Every morning I would go for a walk on the beach and would be accompanied by the hotels owner dog Oro and one of the bartenders dog Cali and this would always make my day. If you come to Dominical I recommend that you stay at Que Nivel you won't regret it.

• Stayed: August 2010