“Inexpensive but also Unremarkable”
Review of Que Nivel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dominical
Que Nivel
Ranked #10 of 15 Dominical B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My review title says it all! The room was dark and pretty bare, but it was clean and the air conditioner worked well. It was a fine place to crash after a hot and sandy day on the beach. Not a lot in the way of atmosphere though.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 19, 2011

When we rolled into Domincal later than expected we visited quite a few places that were way overpriced, until we were pointed towards Que Nivel. Great atmosphere, good restaurants nearby and very friendly people. Wifi throughout. Perfect for surfers to meet and hang out, the rooms are even set up with stand up draying racks for your board!

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed January 8, 2011

Staff was very friendly an helpful. One room had cockroaches. All rooms smelled musty. At least one bed smelled of urine. Bar music was like a cheese grater on your ears until we hours of the morning. Might have gotten 4 hours sleep between bar closing and my 7 AM snorkel tour. The wonderful staff should quit this place and go to work for a nicer property.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank StevenFors
Reviewed August 31, 2010

I stayed at Que Nivel for about a week and I loved it. A couple of friends recommended that I stay their if I ever make my way out to Dominical. I stayed in the green room which is located on the bottom floor at the end of the building. It had AC and an awsome shower and comfortable bed. The staff was great and would spend time chatting with them and get recomendations and were I should go explore next.
Every morning I would go for a walk on the beach and would be accompanied by the hotels owner dog Oro and one of the bartenders dog Cali and this would always make my day. If you come to Dominical I recommend that you stay at Que Nivel you won't regret it.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed August 22, 2010

We walked into the hotel, and the sheets were dirty, the towels were dirty, the tap was broken, the air conditioner was mounted sideways and looked like it was about to fall off, and worst of all, the bathroom door wouldn't close.

When we complained about the bathroom door, they only made excuses about humidity (it wouldn't shut because the wood expanded, but it wouldn't expand an inch...), showed us some weird rigged way of operating the tap, and made excuses the Costa Rica has bugs, so we can't expect the sheets to be perfectly clean.

We examined the room, and got our stuff to leave 20 minutes later. One staffer tried to charge us for a night (!!!!!). Luckily, another lady working there was nice and tried to accommodate, but after the lame excuses and snotty attitude from the first guy, we were out. Plus, it is waaay overpriced. Go down the street and you'll find something cleaner for half the price.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2010

Went to Dominical for 9 days and a friend recommended that I stay at Que Nivel. I easily booked a room in advance for two days. I ended up spending all 9 days there without a second thought. Had the most amazing trip. One of the best of all time. Waterfalls, horseback riding, surfing and the great staff put me in touch with the best people around to really take advantage of all the stuff to do. The rooms were clean and the staff was more than fun! The showers are second to none. Awesome. The best part was after a long day of surfing or exploring... or a long night of drinking the rooms all have their own hammocks outside! Talk about PERFECT! Couldn't have wished for anything more. Highly recommend it and will always go back.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Que Nivel was a great spot to center our vacation of hiking through mountains and relaxing on the beach! The convenient location was seconds from the beach and great local attractions - not to mention the full-service restaraunt / bar on site. The staff was amazingly helpful with the ultimate goal of making sure you enjoy your time in Dominical. Definitely going back!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends