We booked a cottage based on the good reviews on tripadvisor, but when we pulled into the driveway we were still awe-struck. This place is a bargain! The property is well maintained. There is a line of trees between the houses and the beach, but you can see the beach. There is an air conditioner, but we kept the windows and doors open. From our back porch (facing the beach) we could see tons of birds and iguanas.
We had four adults so we stayed in the large house, which is the closest one to the beach but not by much. It was clean and well stocked. The owners were very helpful with any questions and gave suggestions on local restaurants (and where to avoid). There are quite a few dogs on the property, but they are all friendly.
The beach right in front of the houses is rocky and difficult to swim in, but it's beautiful and perfect for walking along the beach or tide-pooling at low tide. There is a good area for swimming just a short walk down the beach. Unfortunately you cannot walk into Dominical via the beach because the beach ends in a jagged cliff.
The town of Dominical is basically one dirt road. It's a very relaxed surf town. The perfect place to enjoy a meal and a great view of the beach! Hopefully I will have the chance to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Grove Oceanfront Cottages is located on one of Costa Rica's most picturesque and private beaches on the Southern Pacific Coast. Find us on Facebook, search for Costa Rica Coconut Grove for more information. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Coconut Grove Oceanfront Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Grove Oceanfront Cottages Hotel Dominical
- Coconut Grove Oceanfront Cottages Costa Rica/Dominical