“Second visit and not a good experience this time around”

Bella Union's Adobe Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tombstone
Bella Union's Adobe Lodge
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Tombstone
Reviewed May 19, 2011

We had stayed here once in the past and due to proximity to Allen Street booked again. Reservation was made over the telephone but I was informed they could not confirm anything by email. I prefer to have something in writing to confirm the rate etc. I telephoned a couple of days prior to visit just to confirm reservation was okay. We had asked for first floor room due to mobility problems and this had not been reserved for us but they did give us a room right next to the lobby. Door was difficult to lock and the room was something out of the dark ages. It was very spacious but looked as if they just used the room for junk that they didn't want elsewhere. There was no ice bucket and when asked for one they said there should be one in the room but gave me a waste bin to use. We were really looking forward to our stay and night in Tombstone, but will certainly not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank raybenson47

Reviewed March 9, 2011

we have stopped in this lodge twice and hope to stay again in may 2011 with friends mav linda katie & not forgetting hubby stuart we found it clean close to everything wats not to like staff wernt in your face defo tell others about it top notch

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank EnglandUkMaz
Reviewed February 19, 2011

The room had a strong smell as soon as I stepped in. It was awful, when I complained to the management they said they couldn't smell anything and also said I wasnt going to get my money back.They moved us to another room which also smelled ,we decided to tough it out since there was no refund, a short time later my wife decided to take a shower ...no matter what we did we couldnt get the shower to work and all this disgusting sediment or rust pieces started to come out of the tub tap we went down to the office but it was closed and unattended we rang the phone number on the key and finally a girl answered who basically said there was nothing that could be done to fix it and to take a bath that was enough for us, we packed up and fled for a better hotel in Willcox so Tombstone missed a second day of us spending money around town. This motel should be closed. It is disgusting, do yourself a favour and avoid it at all costs.

5  Thank krazybaker
Reviewed February 18, 2011

Our Tombstone experience started wonderful...the town, the scenery, the people...THEN the motel from Hell came along. We picked a local motel thinking that the local experience would be adding more pleasure to our holiday. The Adobe Motel was an experience alright. First we checked in with the unknowing of what lies beyind the motel door of our room, as we opened the door a stench of I don't know what it was permeated my nostrils. I immediately complained at the front desk and the staff promptly offered us a new room. There was a no refund on the room so we agreed to the new room. We settled in knowing that this wasn't going to be a pleasurable night but tried to keep a good spirit. I went to take a shower after a long day of walking the town to find out the shower did not work. I once again went to the front desk to see if someone could fix the shower and the front desk was closed. The office was locked and I called the number on the motel key to get a voice mail of a lady. I was getting very impatient and called the number once again on the motel key and I got a lady this time. I told her I was the one in room 107 that got changed to 111 and I needed the shower to work and she asked me if the toilet was working, I said yes, she asked me if the sink was working, I said yes, she asked me if the bath was working, I said yes. She then asked me if we could take a bath instead of a shower. That was it for us. We left with no refund. This motel is for sale and I can see why now. It is in horrific shape and no care to any parts of the building exists. Well known Hotels for me from now on!!!!!!!!

2  Thank peekaboo_72764
Reviewed February 4, 2011

Upon reading the other reviews, I was actually quite shocked! Our experience at the Lodge was excellent! I didn't see the other standard rooms but my husband treated us to one of the Lodge's king suites which was absolutely quaint and darling! It's exactly what I envisioned for an old west town. Darling room it was. Very darling and different from other rooms we have stayed. I think what also made our trip memorable was the manager. He talked up a storm about the history of Tombstone, and pointed out all the tourist spots to visit.... which was absolutely perfect because it was our first time in the town too tough to die! Not only that, we had checked in late; and everything in that town closes up early--including the visitor's center... So we had a head start for the following day.

I would rate an "A". Kind folk and wonderful room. We have already booked our return stay for the Helldorado holiday which--as we discovered--is the biggest event of the year! And since this Helldorado holdiay is around our anniversary, my husband is taking me back to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary! We are excited to come back to the hustle and bustle and celebrate.

5  Thank renaldos
Reviewed January 6, 2011

One of my favorite hotels. I have stayed here several times and will do so again when I return to Tombstone. It is always clean, very quiet and is very close to all the action. Wireless internet and the fact that housekeeping does not wake you up at 8 am are great. A great place to get a good nights sleep before walking to a restaurant and taking in a gunfight.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank ontheroaddrifting
Reviewed January 6, 2011

I love this hotel. It is quiet, within walking distance of everything. I have stayed here a couple of times and will stay again when I go back to Tombstone. The room is clean and house keeping is not waking you up at 8am which is great. Good price. I could even get work done in the morning before heading to the restaurant and gunfights.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends