Trail Rider's Inn Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
Larian Motel(Tombstone)
View Hotel
Comfort Inn & Suites(Sierra Vista)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanhot tubin townallen streetgreat place to staynice poolshort walkhistoric districtmotelofficebunkhouseactionporchazdiscountsites
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 17, 2008

Reading some of the reviews before I checked in, I was unsure I had the right place. Puzzling.

The photographs show this huge parking area. However it was so small I had trouble parking just to get to the office - and it was only 2:00 on Friday! Counting the rooms, and then the available number of spaces, it became quickly apparent that there was nowhere near enough spaces. So I asked the clerk (the owners were out of town). She told me there was additional parking OUT IN THE STREET.

So I paid for two days anyway as I was afraid motels might be booked for the weekend. As it turned out, a groundless fear! When I was paying I was then informed there would be an additional $30 a night for our dog. Non-refundable! Yikes. When I talked to the owner over the phone (before leaving home) she quoted me a rate for a pet room of only $58. So I made a reservation for two nights with my Master card - or so I thought.

Taking a drive around town I found that every motel I visited had a vacancy. So back to the motel to try to get a refund. Even though it was only 2:30 on Friday I was charged - including the extra for the dog. I told the clerk I thought this a little unfair - to no avail.

I did look at the room, however. Very tiny and very old. One queen and 2 cheap straight back chairs. One small TV. I feel unqualified to rate the rooms other than that.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steve-KRIM-FM
Reviewed October 30, 2008

Driving into Tombstone we noticed a "Vacancy" sign, turned in and found the most friendly place we have ever stayed in.
Lauren and Paul the owners couldn't do enough for us they were so genuine and helpful they made our first trip to Tombstone really GREAT.
Everything about Trail Riders was a good experience.
The rooms were quite big and very clean, the beds very comfortable, the morning coffee and donuts etc a really welcome way to start the day. From watching the sun come up with a nice hot coffee to arriving back to the Pretty well lit courtyard after a night in town, the whole ambience was perfect.
We stayed 5 nights and the car never moved until we had to leave.
To sum up if you are going to Tombstone, We would say Trail Rider's is the ONLY place to stay, the perfect place in every way.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2008

This motel was quaint and off the beaten path, but still close to old Tombstone. Very quiet and had a nice pool area. The owners are very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed September 28, 2008

Why pay the cost of a "chain" motel when you can stay at The Trail Rider's Inn for half the price, but get the same quality. All rooms are extremely clean, spaceous and tastefully decorated. Also located 5 mins walk to downtown Allen Street. We highly recommend this motel. Do not look any further. Julie & Keith Yarnall, Wakefield, England.

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed August 3, 2008

If you are looking for the cleanest, most conveniently located motel in Tombstone the Trail Riders Inn is the place. Paul and Lauren are great hosts and they have obvious pride in their property. Being just 2 blocks from all the action meant we just parked our car for the weekend and walked to all the attractions.
Staying here was like staying with your new best friends - 7 rooms were occupied by repeat customers so it was like old home week and we just joined in the fun. Ask if the BUNKHOUSE is available, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)