“what a nice place to bring my adult family ( 3 adjoining rooms) for an extended stay in the Tombstone, Arizona area.”

Trail Rider's Inn Motel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Tombstone
Laveen, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Our company from Europe enjoyed the Southwestern ambiance at the Trail Rider Inn, as did we.
Our hosts, Lauren and Paul, made sure that we had what we needed and were available for special requests. I believe they extend this courtesy and high level of service to any guests at their lodgings.
This quaint, yet modernly appointed 1950's era Motor Lodge, is located within easy walking distance of most of the Tombstone attractions; and it is also situated as a central base of operations for visiting tourist attractions in the area, including Bisbee, the Chiracaua Mountains, and attractions in Sierra Vista. Had I done my research more carefully, I would have spent more time at the Trail Rider Inn in Tombstone, than in Benson.
On my next trip to bring guests to the south of Arizona, I will not make this mistake again.
Larry Hanson - Laveen, Arizona

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Jahdyna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Sutherland Springs ,Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

The place is cute and clean .There really isn't anything special about this place but, as far as places to stay in Tombstone its better than most . The room is clean and has everything you could need . They don't have blow dryers in the room but the owners let us use theirs . I would stay here again .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank juwelzie
AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Two couples, one with Grandson in tow, perfect place for visiting Tombstone; just 2 blocks to all the action. Surprised they had wifi, but difficulty finding a plug for the phone; had to move furniture in room 7 to charge phone.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Edna1111
temecula, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

We chose this place because of the favorable trip advisor reviews. Our room was very cute. It was not very modern but they had thought of everything to make your stay comfortable. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Very much enjoyed the coffee, juice and snacks that were out in the morning. Loved the paved parking lot and being able to park the motorcycles right in front of our room. Staff was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Next time we pack a swimsuit and try the new hot tub - pool looked inviting too. Very close to the restaurants and saloons, we were able to walk everywhere from the motel. Thanks for a good time, will be back next year.

Room Tip: Room 6 1/2 was a little small but we noticed that some of the bigger rooms had carpet and prefer a t...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I want to say how lovely it was to speak with Lauren when I called to book a room for my birthday weekend. She was pleasant and friendly and accommodating. Thank you Lauren for appreciating your customers. My review is for customer service only. I'll add another review about the room with photo's once we complete our stay.

My boyfriend suggested the Trail Rider's Inn based on TripAdvisor reviews (ranked #2) but I wanted to stay at the Larian because it was rated #1. Linda at the Larian was very rude to me over the phone and even hung up on me when I mentioned I wanted to reach out to the owner. I stay at a lot of hotels because I travel for business and although this is a vacation trip, I'd skip the Larian based on Linda's terrible people skills! Make the Trail Rider's Inn your first call!

Room Tip: Based on another review I read, I asked about the room 6 1/2 and it turns out there are outlets but...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
East Brookfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

A little further away from the hustle & bustle of the main area (a 3-5 minute walk). The rooms were very clean and the motel owners were more than accommodating. The price was higher due to "Helldorado" weekend. Have already booked for next year!

• Stayed October 2013
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

nice cozy room at the Trail Riders Motel, very quiet with a great staff to make the stay enjoyable. great location right in the heart of old Tombstone, with just a short walk to all the attractions, the staff is very friendly and will go out of there way to make your stay the best.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo