$80
  • Free Internet
$120
Larian Motel(Tombstone)
$89
Tombstone Sagebrush Inn(Tombstone)(Great Value!)
$85
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleanin townallen streetgreat place to stayhot tubnice poolhistoric districtmotelofficebunkhouseactionporchazdiscount
Reviewed September 17, 2007

We visited Tombstone since we all like historical sites. Whilst in Long Nose Kate's saloon we were approached by someone who looked like the town marshall - turned out be someone from North London! He recommended the Trail Rider's Inn to us so off we went. Turned out the owner was from Yorkshire! The site is small but well maintained and I loved the swimming pool. Our room was OK although my wife expressed some doubts about the cleanliness of the sheets but they looked OK to me - but then again I'm just a bloke. We had a good night's sleep, the coffee and doughnuts for breakfast were very acceptable and the guy looking after the place was very friendly and helpful. Our friends, in a separate room, were a bit put out however and reported that they had found a sticky paper trap under their bed with a fair number of black beetles caught on it and a few which had avoided the trap and were busy inspecting the room. This is cowboy country and you have to expect a bit of wildlife! I wasn't so sure when we arrived back in Scottsdale later that day to find all four of us had been bitten in various places by some vicious little bug. Liberal applications of After Bite made it bearable. Even so I liked the Trail Rider's Inn and wouldn't be in the slightest upset if told I had to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
4  Thank Baz41
Reviewed June 1, 2007

we had a great stay there had 2 rooms as it was my b/day treat off daughter and son-in-law and grand kiddies.was told by lady when we checked in that pool and tub would be open until 8.00pm and to get towels from office.my daughter asked for towels just after 7.00pm and she told us in a very nasty tone that she was closing up early....shame as that was only problemwe came across all other staff and owners were great and went out of there way to help us...we will be visiting again next year

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 29, 2007

We stayed at Trail Rider's Inn during the Memorial Holiday Weekend (Wyatt Earp Days). The prices were higher than expected but I guess it was because of the holiday. The rooms were nicely decorated and were very clean. The property had a nice pool area and a jacuzzi area as well. There was a barbecue grill and picnic tables. The pool did close about half an hour earlier than expected and my kids were disappointed however; the owner opened the pool and jacuzzi early the next morning for the kids to go swimming. There are also donuts and coffee that are offered by 6:00 am. My only complaint was the manager during check in. He was not very friendly and acted as if everything was such a bother, including giving me a receipt that I had requested after I paid him cash for our room. Luckily he was only there during the first night of our stay. The owner on the other hand, was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this motel to family and friends. It is within walking distance to the downtown historical area.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank denmomof3
Reviewed March 12, 2007

We enjoyed our night's stay at Trail Rider's Inn! The rooms were clean and had plenty of space. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and didn't mind telling stories about the towns famous characters, and suggesting places to eat and visit. Coffee and doughnuts in the A.M. help you start your day. If we are ever back in Tombstone, we will return.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mamabear1953
Reviewed February 22, 2007

We visit Tombstone yearly, and have always stayed at The Best Western. The hotel was fine but we never cared for the location. We tried the Trail Riders for a change and loved it. Rooms are large and very clean. It's a very short walk to all the action in town. The price is great also. The only downside was that the "heated " pool was not heated. It was freezing! But the hot tub was great! We loved the place and are staying there again in May.

Stayed: October 2006