“Wonderful motel”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Tombstone
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful motel”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My friend Johanna and I arrived late afternoon in Tombstone on Friday 4th May 2012.

We decided to find a motel in the town, went to see a few and then discovered
Trail Riders.

What a shock I had when I started talking to owner Lauren to find out that she was a
fellow Brit.

Throughout our 4000 mile + Road Trip, it was the equal best motel that we stayed
at.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My "Go To" option when I need a place to stay in the area. Great owners. Accommodating an helpful. Clean efficient rooms. And cool pool to relax by. Easy walk to restaurants and attractions. Quiet side street location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank RayJArizona
Gilbert, Arizona, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband and I booked a room for our honeymoon. When we arrived at the hotel Lauren the owner greeted us and offered us the suite that was available because we had just gotten married. She not only made us feel welcome, but made us feel like we had arrived home. She has a wonderful personality, kind hearted, and goes out of her way to help. For example, my husband and I wanted to by a copy of the movie Tombstone after we went out for dinner. Unfortunatley the whole town was closed for the night and there was no where to buy the movie. When we told her this she immediatley offered to go look for her own personal copy for us to borrow. She is truly a wonderful woman that made the stay enjoyable. Along with that the hotel and rooms were amazing. In was truley the best choice we could have made. The room was clean and well taken care of. We had our own personal porch and a wonderful pool and spa. If you are planning on staying in Tombstone, AZ this is the best decission you could make. I will be returning to Tombstone and will not stay anywhere except the Trail Riders Inn. My stay at this hotel was by far better than any hotel in my life. No five star resort could ever come close to the hospitality, cleanliness, and personality that place has. Also, every local we talked to recomended this place. And there is no doubt they know what they are talking about. I would and will recomend this place to everyone. Like I said Lauren and this hotel made our honeymoon extra special. Don't look any further. This by far is the BEST HOTEL EVER!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for room 16. This was an amazing room with a true old west feel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jessica F
Atthabasca, alberta
Reviewed July 11, 2012

On a trip to Tombstone we first booked into a chain hotel and found out pool wasn't usable so phoned and got rooms at Trailriders. There was four of us and we stayed for three nights. rooms were very clean and well put together but the best part was Richie the manager he was amazing and made our stay so enjoyable. Will stay there again when return to tombstone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank ttarrant
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Doing business with Trail Rider's Inn is a laidback affair. When I made a reservation I wasn't given a confirmation number or anything which made me a tad nervous. When I called en route to let them know we were running late they said they'd leave a light on for us and the key in the room, which was nice. We arrived moments before the office closed for the night but the owner ran my credit card, gave me a key and suggested we rush over to have dinner before all the restaurants closed for the night.

We rushed out to have dinner without looking at the room first. When we returned we found a nice, clean room that could have served as an oven. No one had turned on the tiny AC unit and it had been over 102 that day.

The room boasted a tiny television with two channels, a tiny refrigerator and a tiny microwave. Those things really didn't matter. The two beds were comfortable and the plumbing worked great. Unfortunately, there is no air conditioning in the bathroom. At all.

Most of our evening was spent in sweaty discomfort. Even with a ceiling fan the room would not cool down. I soon understood why so many folks were sitting outside on the porch.

The property is quaint in a 50's motorcourt sort of way. They have a great pool. The owners are very nice and obviously work hard. They were busy cleaning rooms when we prepared to leave the next morning so I just left our room key on the counter.

They offer a sort of continental breakfast set out on the porch each morning which consists of hardboiled eggs, donuts, fresh fruit, juice and coffee. It is a nice extra.

Overall, the room is a good value for the money. I could wish they would turn on the air conditioning before guests arrive but I suppose they are trying to save money too. I would recommend the Trail Rider Inn - in the winter!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank QOE
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 26, 2012

On a trip to Tombstone, my husband and I called the #1 rated hotel from TripAdvisor, which was full. We called #2, Trail Rider's Inn, and they had one room left. When we arrived, the staff was very helpful and showed us the room just to be sure we wanted it ... it was room "6 1/2". I am not sure what the other rooms look like, but "6 1/2" was probably named appropriately, as it was a fairly small room. However, it had enough room for the two of us so we took it. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. The staff was very friendly (an English gentleman and his father) and the second night we stayed was at a discount. The pool was nice and the grounds were tidy. The bathroom did not have a bathtub, just a stand-up shower, which some people may not like (but I think this is only in our small room) and liquid soap was provided, although no shampoo, which was OK by me because I bring my own. The location was also very convenient-- about a two minute walk to "downtown". Overall it was an enjoyable stay and I can see why this place is rated so high!

Room Tip: Room 6 1/2 is smaller than the others, just a heads up.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Buckeye
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Very, surprised by this quaint motel. I found it on the internet and was a little leery to book but took a chance and was really glad we did. Large, clean comfortable rooms and the owners were really friendly! The pool was a nice place to rest after a day of touring Tombstone. Would differently stay there again and highly recommend you do too!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family