“Historic B&B with Charm”
Review of Tombstone Bordello

and 1 more site!
Tombstone Bordello
Ranked #4 of 13 Tombstone B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“Historic B&B with Charm”
Reviewed July 13, 2010

This was our first time staying at a Bed &Breakfast.The tombstone Bordello is over 100 years old and was formerly one time owed by Big Nose Kate.
We stayed in the Fallen Angel room w/balcony.It was very charming,also said to have some paranormal activity....we didn't notice anything in our room.My Mom said in the Lady In Sin room.This is on the first floor next to the living room.She did wake up to whispering?very interesting.
It has a pool and hot tub.Both times we used it we were the only people out there.
Lynda and Dusty were very nice hosts.Lynda made a hot full breakfast each morning.Excellent food before siteseeing on allen street.A 5minute walk fright up the street from where we staying.
The Crystal Palace has the best food in town we thought!!Great hamburgers for lunch and they're Ribeye steaks are excellent.
I would stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
San Diego, CA
Reviewed April 30, 2010

We stayed here for two nights in April, and will definitely stay here again if we go back to Tombstone. The B&B is a few blocks away from the center of town, so it feels secluded and quiet but it's just a short walk away from the center of Tombstone.

We stayed in the Lady of Sin room, which is downstairs and right next to the living room. The room was well-furnished, the bed was comfortable, and the location was ideal for making a quick exit in the mornings. We had our own bathroom, as well as a heater which we surprisingly needed to use in the middle of April! We also made use of the living room our first night, watching Tombstone in Tombstone. It's touristy, but we had to do it. The living room was stocked full of books, brochures, and Western movies to watch. There's also a jacuzzi and a beautiful outdoor area, but it was a bit cold for us to utilize those when we were visiting.

The best thing about our visit had to be the hosts. Dusty and Lynda were friendly, accommodating, and made the house come alive. They had stories to tell about the Bordello, told us about the sights we HAD to see, and recommended the best restaurants to eat at (the Longhorn was our favorite, but that's a different review). I requested a vegetarian breakfast and had multiple items to choose from, and my spouse thought the hot breakfast was delicious. Each morning we'd wake up to a tasty breakfast and chat with the hosts and other visitors; the Bordello felt like a home away from home. I'd highly recommend this B&B to anyone visiting Tombstone.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Calgary
Reviewed March 19, 2010

The bordello is the place to stay if you want to feel like you are in a part of the town's history. The room was clean and inviting. The hosts were friendly and welcoming. Aside from the private bathroom the room is like stepping back in time. There is no tv or internet connection in the room, which for us added authenticity to the time period in which the bordello was made. Tombstone is a short distance away, an easy walk if you need to stretch your legs. Breakfast at the bordello was excellent. We were never served the same thing twice. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Capitan, NM
Reviewed November 30, 2009

Dusty and Lynda are awesome hosts making you feel like you are in your own home. After staying at many places in Tombstone, this historic bed & breakfast will be the place we stay from now on. All of the rooms are decorated in the tradition of a real Victorian bordello. We stayed four nights in the "Fallen Angel" room with a balcony. A full breakfast is served every morning with a smile...not just a muffin and bowl of cold cereal like you would get at a chain hotel. The entire house is clean with a very comfortable look and feel. All of this with a very affordable price. The next time you're in Tombstone, you definitely need to stay at the Tombstone Bordello!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank etudor
Woburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 29, 2009

Just got back from a trip to Tombstone Az., and we stayed at the Tombstone Bordello. The other reviewers here raved about this place so we decided to stay there. We weren't disappointed at all. The location is within walking distance from downtown, away from the hustle and bustle of the crowds, making it nice and quiet day and night. The rooms are decorated in the 1880s style and the are wonderful. The hosts, Lynda and Dusty, are super friendly, and they bend over backwards to accommodate you and make you feel welcomed. The breakfast they serve is home cooked and huge. We were so full from breakfast, we only had a small ice cream at lunch then didn't eat again till supper. The pool is available for that late night swim and the hot tub is a relaxing place to wind down after a day of sightseeing. The Bordello was full and everybody we met there was super friendly. It appears they attract a very nice group of guests, and Linda tells me that several of the guests are there every year on this weekend. It's like a big happy family, growing with every new guest. Tombstone is a wonderful place to visit, it's like stepping back in time. Several of the folks there dress in 1880s attire and perform old west shows. There is almost always some event going on, though mostly on the weekends. So if you are traveling to or through Tombstone and need a place to stay, I recommend staying at the Tombstone Bordello, You won't be sorry you did. Book ahead though because they only have 10 rooms and they fill up fast on the weekends.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank John K
Texas
Reviewed September 29, 2009

My husband and I got married at the Tombstone Bordello on Sept. 25 2009 and Dusty and Linda were so awsome. They actually made an extra room for a suprise guest. Our whole family filled the place and fell in love also. When you walk into the Bordello you walk into a place filled with love and humor. It is very nice, clean and quite enjoyable. You are greeted with a hug and leave with new friends. We will definitly be back for our 1st anniversary. This place is A++++++ #1 in our book! We love you guys!!!

• Stayed September 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed September 25, 2009

In July, I booked two rooms over the phone, one room for my husband & I who live in Phoenix, and one for my adult son who was visiting from Canada. Upon arrival, we discovered that because we were the only guests booked for that night, Lynda had upgraded my son's room in order to put us all on the second floor together, and had also given us a $10 discount on our room. We settled our things and made a brisk walk uptown to attend the OK Corral gun fight that Lynda told us was showing at 5pm. Unfortunately, the gunfight hadn't been performed on a Monday at 5pm for almost a year. Other than that small disappointment (we ended up attending the next day's 2pm performance before leaving town) our stay was very pleasant. We enjoyed our dinner at the Longhorn, per Lynda's recommendation and later we really enjoyed the outdoor spa. Both Lynda and Dusty joined us for a late evening spa-side chat and both were in the dining room at the delicious full breakfast. We felt like guests in the private home of close friends.
The only real (and still unresolved) disappointment is that my son left behind a necklace he had purchased for his lady friend. It seems it fell off the bed & was overlooked when he packed up. I called about a week later (he discovered it was missing when he got home to Canada), and Lynda confirmed that the housekeeper had found it when clearing up. Until I called, they didn't know who had left it behind. I have had several phone conversations since with Lynda where she has promised to send it, making excuses why she hadn't done so. Last week it was "in a pouch, all ready to go" and she was mailing it the next day. My phone call to her this morning resulted in her stating she doesn't normally return items left behind, but because she liked us she was willing to do so. And that she just hadn't been to the post office-she never goes there. Upon further questioning, it seems she doesn't use the Tombstone post office which is only a few blocks away, but goes to the one in Sierra Vista which is 30 miles away. Anyway, nice or not, I am starting to feel like I'm getting a runaround. Today I offered to have her use my FedEx account to send it at my expense, and she said it was the same as having to go to the post office so that didn't help.
I would recommend it. I don't know if I would go back if I don't get my son's necklace but we did enjoy ourselves, it is a lovely building and they are friendly & nice proprietors otherwise.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Phxred
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tombstone
Tombstone Monument Ranch
#1 of 22 in Sierra Vista
Katie's Cozy Cabins
Katie's Cozy Cabins
#2 of 6 in Tombstone

Been to Tombstone Bordello? Share your experiences!