“Best Motel in Tombstone, Arizona”
Review of Larian Motel

and 1 more site!
Larian Motel
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Tombstone
Reviewed May 4, 2007

Several of us travel the southwestern US every year on our Harleys. We always manage one trip to Tombstone, Az each year and have always stayed at the Larian Motel, which is owned & operated by Gordon Anderson. Of all the Motels I have stayed in on my trips, the Larian is the best. It is not a new state of the art facility and it dosen't need to be. It is extremely clean, modern and comfortable with a flair of the old west. Each room is named after a famous person from Tombstone's past.

Owner/operator Gordon Anderson knows how to take care of his customers - he is always there (24/7). He always seems to have time to sit down with his customers and give them insights to old Tombstone, tell you the best places to enjoy a meal, & if you should show a real interest, he will even show you his private sanctuary ( an authentic 1800's saloon on the property that
Gordon designed & built himself).

Another definite asset to this facility is the housekeeper - Maggie.
I have never met an employee who tries so hard to satisfy her customers.

If you travel to Tombstone, stay at the Larian Motel (only one block from all the action). I guarantee that you will not regret it.

Stayed: May 2007
There are newer reviews for Larian Motel

Reviewed April 28, 2007

Stayed for 1 night whilst visiting tombstone.

arrived early but room was ready, gordon very helpful gave us info on where to visit and have breakfast.

Lovely room ,coffee maker , tv , spotlessly clean .

opposite allen street, gunfight shows, shops and bars, and the ok corral

birdcage theatre is amazing , in original condition from the 1880's.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank louderry
Reviewed April 23, 2007

I usually stay at the Larian twice a year (for the past 6 or 7 years). It is one of my favorite places to stay. The rooms are spotless, the staff (almost) perfect, and the owner is terribly accomodating. Over the years I have done quite a bit of traveling, and the Larian is one of the nicest places I've ever stayed (5 Star properties included).

Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank rumsfeldthepoodle
Reviewed April 22, 2007

Once again, the Larian did not disappoint. We stay there every year when our group event does the town, and since our first stay at the Larian, it wouldn't occur to us to stay anywhere else. Not only is it close enough to walk to everything, The Larian is clean, well-appointed and cozy. Rooms are large and comfortable. Furnishings are upscale. Amenities are many. The Larian puts most other small, owner-operated motels in Tombstone to shame.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 20, 2007

I have been traveling to Tombstone for the past three years and have always stayed at the Larian. The owner, Gordon, is very gracious and helpful. I have had to come into town very late and he had the room ready and open for me with just a quick phone call. The rooms are very nice and clean and as mentioned, the service is outstanding.

James Krumbach
Michigan

Stayed: October 2006
Reviewed April 17, 2007

This was a wonderful stay!!! My husband and I rode our bike down and Gordon let us park it right outside our room. He was wonderful and so helpful with telling us the "must sees". Definitely will go back again. Our room was spacious, and OMG soooo clean! We have stayed at some 5 star resorts that didn't measure up to the Larian. Loved it and would recommend it over any of the others. thank you, Gordon!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 17, 2007

I've stayed at the Larian in Tombstone several times, and every experience has been wonderful. The rooms are clean, and the service has always been great. The owner/operator, Gordon, has a big heart, and it is clear that he puts his heart and soul into his business. He has always been a gracious and accommodating host, and he has allowed our group to host barbecues and potlucks out in the courtyard. He has been a welcome guest at those, and he treats every guest as a friend. I appreciate his honesty, his fairness, and his dedication to his business. I will always choose to stay at the Larian unless it is full when I'm traveling to Tombstone.

Bonnie Vining
Javalina's Coffee & Friends
Tucson, AZ

Stayed: April 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tombstone
The Tombstone Grand Hotel
#6 of 9 in Tombstone
Allen Street Inn
Allen Street Inn
#3 of 13 in Tombstone

Been to Larian Motel? Share your experiences!