“Terrific, brings back memories.”
Review of Larian Motel

and 1 more site!
Larian Motel
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Tombstone
Reviewed May 29, 2006

Spotless, comfortable, convenient and Gordon is a gracious host. Our stay in Tombstone was enhanced by spending the night at the Larane Motel. It is a step back in time for those of us who are old enough to remember, except it is kept up better than they were back in the days of yore. You are within one block of Old Tombstone and all the sites, Gordon will recommend the top places to see and to eat, they were all very good and visitor friendly. Most of the merchants dress in period clothing and they are in very good detail even down to the glasses they wear. We had one day scheduled but I now wish we had been able to spend another day and night in Tombstone and the Larane Motel. One of the things I enjoyed was sitting on the bench outside out room, reading a book and watching people coming and going, it was a friendly group when we were there. I have travel 90% of the US and a portion of Europe and this is one of the places that will stand out for me.

6  Thank ralaws
There are newer reviews for Larian Motel

Seattle
Reviewed May 21, 2006

We loved going back in time to stay in the motorcourt-styled Larian, and were given the Earp themed room. It was clean, the beds were comfy, and it was close to the main street attractions. We are light sleepers and got a very good night's rest even though the hotel is located on the main highway and it was Saturday night.

When we left, I accidentally forgot to check the closet, and didn't discover some important things were missing until we got to Tucson. Gordon was so great to mail our things home the very next day, which was really appreciated.

We will be recommending the Larian to all our friends. Thanks again, Gordon !

Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Las Cruces, NM
Reviewed May 13, 2006

Yes, everything we read in all of the reviews on the Larian were true! This was our first trip to Tombstone, AZ and we really didn't know what to expect! We were looking forward to a clean comfy room at the Larian, and that's what we got! Very impressive. Gordon wasn't in town, but the couple that "held down the fort" for him were GREAT! Friendly and helpful, this couple who are originally from Maine, did a great job in checking us in, and made us feel welcomed! Tombstone's attractions were LITERALLY "Across the Street" from the Larian. We parked the car and didn't have to move it for the whole weekend until we left for home! I can't say enough good about the Larian. We stayed in the "Cochiese Stronghold" room, and it was a great time! We can't wait to return to tombstone, and will definitley stay at The Larian... that is IF there is an available room!!!

Mr. & Mrs. Sisneros
Las Cruces, NM

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 20, 2006

Someone recommended the Larian to me 2 years ago when we originally wanted to visit Tombstone. We were finally able to go in March of this year. They were right. The Larian is very clean and comfortable and centrally located in the Southeastern Arizona. We could walk from our Hotel to any part of Tombstone. We had a great time. Gordon was great to deal with in making our reservations and giving us directions and information about Tombstone. We plan to go back in another year or so and will definitely stay at the Larian. We will also recommend the Larian to our friends and family.

Thanks Gordon for making our stay so memorable.

Greg and Brenda Bauer

Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank Brenda B
Spreckels Ca.
Reviewed April 13, 2006

The Larian has to be the best place to stay in Tombstone. Great rates and very clean rooms. The staff were very friendly and helpful. One block from all the action. This place is great. I recomend it highly.

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 18, 2006

I spent one night at the Larian in March 2006. It was a good experience and I'd stay there again.

The motel is a one-level, U-shaped motor court. It is an old-school type place. If you prefer something newer and more modern, you'll want to stay at one of the more modern hotels available as you approach Tombstone. But if you're comfortable in an older, more classic style motel, this will work for you.

The motel's best aspect is its location. It is just a block from the heart of Tombstone, so you can walk to anything you're interested in seeing, except Boot Hill Cemetary, and nothing's close to it, anyway.

The rooms are very basic: bed, small fridge, basic TV, window-mounted heater/AC. No frills, but clean and comfortable.

The experience is a little step back into time, when travelers routinely stayed at these types of motor courts rather than chain hotels. It's not plush, but if you're coming to Tombstone, you probably aren't expecting a resort anyway. I enjoyed the stay and would stay there again.

Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank Dan L
Reviewed March 15, 2006

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Larian Motel in Tombstone and felt obligated to write about the property. As a travel professional I stay in many different locations and the Larian is one of the cleanest properties I have stayed in.

When making my reservation with the owner, Gordon Anderson, he promptly responded to my email and followed up with a telephone call to confirm my reservation date. I STRONGLY recommend the Larian Motel for anyone visiting the Tombstone area. It would even be worth the drive if you were staying in Benson or Sierra Vista. Again, this is a gem!

5  Thank georgeweaver
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tombstone
The Tombstone Grand Hotel
#6 of 9 in Tombstone
Allen Street Inn
Allen Street Inn
#3 of 13 in Tombstone

Been to Larian Motel? Share your experiences!