“Wonderful Motel in Tombstone !”
Review of Larian Motel

and 1 more site!
Larian Motel
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Tombstone
Reviewed March 18, 2008

I drove down to Arizona from Vancouver Island, BC in my
91 Honda - on a research/promotion trip for my "Paradise"
books. By the time I reached Tombstone - I wanted to be
part of Arizona --- not just another tourist plunked into another hotel room.

From inside to out - the motel has a comfortable western flair
I stayed in #7 - Curly Bill's Room (all rooms have been named)

Reasonable rates, very clean and great atmosphere -
Gordon gave me a quick low-down on the area via a town map - and by the time I left the office with a key in my hand - I had a plan on where I was going and what I wanted to see the most!

A block away from the downtown action of Historic
Tombstone - it was easy to get to all amenities - I just parked at
the motel and enjoyed the OK corral action on the next street!

For a smaller motel - I felt totally at home, safe and welcome

Tell Gordon that Janie the Author sent you !

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank Gypsy088
There are newer reviews for Larian Motel

Reviewed February 15, 2008

My first stay at the Larian Hotel was years years ago and it was by accident. I arrived in Tombstone and looking for a place to stay other then a chain hotel. I pulled in with no expectations and figuring I would want to look for a different hotel in the morning. I has never so wrong. Now I return to Tombstone on pleasure at least twice a year for several days at a time. The things that bring me back is the area's history, people, and the Larian Hotel. The only place I will stay while in Tombstone is at the Larian. I have found the rooms clean and comfortable. I always ask for one particular room and I ask for it by name since the rooms are known more by their name and not number. I have found that management is very personable and knowledgeable about the area, the attractions and the area's history. Now a word of advise and don't do as I did: On my second trip to Tombstone I planned to late and the Larian was booked up on my last night in Tombstone so I had to stay at a different hotel. I found that other hotel to not be very clean and I felt uneasy my entire stay that night. So from now on when I plan my time off from work to go to Tombstone, if the Larian Hotel isn't available my entire stay, then my plans will have to change accordingly.

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank taz2ne
Reviewed January 6, 2008

After reading the reviews we picked the Larian as our choice for our stay in Tombstone. It was good choice. The room was spacious with a large comfortable bed and very clean. The owner/staff was extremely helpful in recommending what to see and do and where to eat. (all good recommendations) Each room is named after a Tombstone personality..Doc Holliday, Wyatt Earp etc....It has a "retro" feel to it and a great location. It really is walking distance to most of the attractions...the OK Corral is just a couple of blocks away. A very good value....

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank andhow
Reviewed January 1, 2008

My husband & I have been making trips to Tombstone once or twice a year for several years now, but have always made them day trips from Phoenix. For the first time we decided to spend a night so we could also fit in some exploring. After reading all the reviews and seeing some of the pictures of the rooms, I decided on the Larian.
We were not disappointed. Great location, the outside is clean, neat and very appealing to the eye, friendly, helpful service, a very clean and comfortable room with a refrigerator and microwave and VERY reasonable! We stayed in the Morgan Earp room and loved the theme of the town carrying over to the Larian. It's a charming place.
During previous visits to Tombstone we have eaten at many places but upon checking in at the Larian, Gordon immediately gave us flyers for a couple of different places along with recommendations he'd had from other guests. We weren't disappointed there either. We had some great Mexican food at the Lamplight Room and enjoyed breakfast at the O. K. Cafe so much that we went again the next morning.
The whole trip was made better knowing we had a clean, comfortable room to return to. Maggie did a great job! On the day of our departure, before we were even out of the driveway, we decided that we will now do more overnighters in Tombstone & we will be staying at the Larian. The only reason we would stay anywhere else is if there was no vacancy there.
Thanks so much to Gordon and his staff for providing a clean, comfortable and reasonable place for travelers to stay! You're appreciated!

7  Thank wlh50
Reviewed December 22, 2007

My wife and I rode out from San Diego this past weekend (12/15-16/2007) on our Harley Davidson and stayed at the Larian. Although I had read the great reviews I was still surprised at how clean and well kept our room was. Another pleasant surprise was to be greeted by name when we arrived. We were even provided with a couple of old hand towels to clean the bike off with. The motel is right downtown and a short block from the Historic District, so most everything in Tombstone is easily within walking distance. I travel a lot on business and typically stay at one of the larger, and more expensive, chain hotels, but I wish every place I stayed was as clean, comfortable, and friendly as the Larian. We look forward to our next opportunity to visit Tombstone again and definitely plan to stay at the Larian!

4  Thank DLGriff
Reviewed December 11, 2007

My friends and I have been making our annual "Tombstone Motorcycle Run" for 15 years. We have always stayed at the Larian Motel. The owner and the staff have always been GREAT, and the motel is in a very convenient location".
G.V.
California

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank albatrose
Reviewed December 10, 2007

When we drove up to this motel with an advance reservation my wife and i were skeptical about the reviews on tripadvisor and suspected them to be plants. So we asked to see the room before we checked in. We were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were large, comfortably furnished, clean and had obviously been remodeled recently. As a bonus the owner was very helpful.

3  Thank windjay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tombstone
The Tombstone Grand Hotel
#6 of 9 in Tombstone
Allen Street Inn
Allen Street Inn
#3 of 13 in Tombstone

Been to Larian Motel? Share your experiences!