“Had a great time”

Budget Host Inn Tombstone
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Tombstone
Reviewed December 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the tombstone motel and had a great time. The whole staff is very friendly. The room was clean and very cozy. The location was just perfect, all you have to do is walk across the street and you're right on allen st. We will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Budget Host Inn Tombstone

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Every year in November we go to Tombstone on our annual motorcycle run. This year we stayed in the Tombstone Motel. It is a great location as it is walking distance to town. That is where it ended. The room was small and dirty. The floor was uneven and the walls were thin. The shower had to warm up for 10 minutes before the water would get warm. The second day it never got hot. It was a terrible experience.
Friends in another room complained the night clerk that their room was not cleaned and made up when they returned for the evening. He just laughed and smirked and did not offer to send anyone to clean the room.
When we checked in the day clerk, Barry, told us that the room that we had was one of the worst the motel had. He said that if another room came available that he would move us to a decent room. That night we checked back in the lobby and Barry had left. The night clerk told us he had a room and it would be another $92.00 to move our room.
Just the attitude that the night clerk presented will cause us to find another motel next year. Barry was helpful and the only reason that the motel was rated a 2 instead of a 1. The night clerk needs to learn customer service.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank gameluver
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Great location just a block from the historic area of Tombstone. Staff is very friendly and nice. We chose to stay in a suite, which is actually a large room with a refriderator and microwave with a couch and of course all the regular room amenties. It is MOTEL ... so do not expect luxury, but it is clean and comfortable! There is a restaurant onsite that has great breakfast and reasonable prices. We happended to arrive at the end of a bike rally and yes there were lots of bikers, the ones we met were very good people. I will stay here again, next time we are in this area. This was our second stay and will not be our last.

Room Tip: We love the room we stayed in 126, it is on the 2nd floor faces the lovely mountains.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Great freindly service and had truck parking! Could walk to everything there! Got a 10% discount for cdl license! The day I checked out owner still let me leave my truck in lot to go finish my site seeing! If I go back to Tombstone I know where im staying

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Based on their website, I was really excited about staying at the Tombstone Motel and timed the first week of our two week driving tour to make that possible. Sadly, the motel is NOTHING like what you see or read on the website. Family owned? Manson family, perhaps. Unless you ride a Harley, don't take baths, and want to stand around outside drinking all night, skip this place. We were all the way in the back over a block from the street, there were no lights back there, and the noise level remained excruciating until 2:00 a.m. The room itself was dingy and dark with an old window air conditioner in the wall, the noise from which was actually a blessing in drowning out the noise outside. There was absolutely NO SOAP. There was a bottle of liquid antibacterial soap on the sink, which I certainly wouldn't use on my face, and a half empty bottle of diluted shampoo in the bathroom. When I couldn't access the wi-fi, I was told to come up to the office to use it. I did try walking closer to check email, but it still didn't work and, to be perfectly honest, the people standing around scare me. And for this, we paid $80. There are a number of other motels in Tombstone. Pick one of them, regardless of the price!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Listen its not the Hyatt nor Westin but for the area and a nice weekend get away it works. Staff was friendly and sheets and rooms are clean. Have a M/C club that goes twice a year down to Tombstone and we all stay here, very accomidating. -Jim

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Super close to the action and a wonderful stay. The desk clerk was super helpful with all our questions and was an all around great guy. Had breakfast at the attached restaurant for a great price and was the best meal we had the entire time. We'll stay here every time we're in Tombstone. Have fun!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple