“Stay Here!”

The Tombstone Grand Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Tombstone
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is the place to stay while visiting Tombstone! It is close to everything worth seeing in this area. I recommend seeing Boot Hill, eating at "Big Nose Kate's" for lunch and seeing the "Helldorado" gunfight show for amusement.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dennis J
John_Mesen, General Manager at The Tombstone Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Hi Dennis J and thank you for staying with us! I really appreciate the kind words in your review and I will share them with our team. If you have any ideas or suggestions for us, please feel free to contact the hotel anytime. Travel safely and I hope we see you again in Tombstone!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

As a fairly frequent visitor to Tombstone, I have to say that the Grand Hotel on Hwy 80 near Boot Hill, was a great and pleasant surprise after reading it was rated only fourth of the Tombstone Hotels/Motels. Some earlier reviews were really harsh, and the rates listed were $20 to $25 more than the higher rated places. But the "Manager's Special" brought the rates down to the others so I thought I would take a chance. Since my wife was with me on this trip I was looking for something a little nicer and more modern than those in town.

Not knowing what to expect, I kept my fingers crossed as we checked in, but immediately knew I had made the right decision. We walked in to a clean, modern motel. The staff was very friendly and courteous and explained the pool/spa, movie night, breakfast, etc., amenities. Our room was very clean, modern, and comfortable, with a good shower, and a working air conditioner. And since it was a Monday night...very quiet. We also appreciated the 24 hour coffee, oatmeal, and hot chocolate. An outdoor patio area overlooking the terrain was nice too...but with the rain we were not able to take as much advantage of it as we would have liked.

The self serve breakfast was what you would expect in most nice motels, but nothing special. Checkout was a breeze, and we were presented with little bag of souviniers, which was a really nice touch.

I asked the staff why they were not rated higher, and they admitted there had been some problems in the past, but they were working very hard to turn that around...and we would agree that they are working hard...and succeeding !!!

Compared to the other motels in town that I have stayed at in Tombstone and rated 4's, this deserves 5 stars.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dale175

Hello Dale175! Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to prove our commitment to providing a truly memorable experience for all of our guests. I really appreciate the detail you provided in your review and the recommendation you gave for the property. I will be sharing your kind words with our team and I know they will be pleased to hear about the positive impression they made during your visit. I do hope that we see you when you return to the area - travel safely!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We enjoyed our stay very much. This hotel had all of the amenities we require, such as pool, hot tub, refrigerator in room and breakfast. The staff is friendly and willing to help with ideas for places to visit while in Tombstone.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lizabeth L

Hi Lizabeth L! Thank you for staying with us and for the kind words about the property and our friendly, helpful staff! I hope your group enjoyed the ride to this part of the Southwest! Please let us know if you have any ideas or suggestions for us as we are always looking to improve. Travel safely!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Ground floor room was good, no climbing stairs. Breakfast was good, 12 noon checkout was a blessing for our sleeping late persons. Would not suggest walking into town, snakes, tarantulas etc. are in the area. The only thing open after 9 pm are the bars. Beware immigration checkpoint as you leave town; we were asked if we had documents to prove US Citizenship. Definitely see the gunfight show and do the stagecoach tour. Good ice-cream and sandwich shop in town. We will stay here again and visit Tombstone again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello Ernest A! Thank you for staying with us while you visited this historic part of the Southwest! I know my team will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and I will pass along your kind words about the property. Travel safely and I hope we see you again!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

When we arrived we were greeted by a very nice lady that checked us in and was very helpful in providing us with information. Your rooms were very nice and clean. We had a nice breakfast the next morning before visiting your town. A very nice visit and we would recommend The Tombstone Grand.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Hi happylife66! I really appreciate that you took time to write a review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your kind words with our team and I know they will want me to pass along a "Please come see us again soon!" Thank you and travel safely!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed here over the 4th of July weekend.Great place. Rooms very clean and large. It seemed that our room was missing a chair. One corner seemed empty like it had been removed and not replaced. Staff was very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable of the area. The FREE hot breakfast was excellant. Many choices, fresh and hot. The pool was kinda dirty, we did have a monsoon blow thru everyday so that was probably the reason. Only blocks from downtown Tombstone where we spent most all our time which was convenient. Would most definitely stay there next time and recommend to friends and family traveling that way.

Room Tip: The hotel seemed like all rooms would have a good view. We did request 2nd floor (no elevator here...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi TiredofTryin2! Thank you for staying with us over the holiday weekend and I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit! I do apologize if there was a chair missing from your room and will speak with our team about ensuring that this does not happen in the future. I do appreciate the recommendation and hope that we see you again in Tombstone!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Rated as 2 diamonds at AAA, this hotel was clean and convenient. Decent breakfast served at the hotel. I'd rate it 2.5 diamonds. Room was large and a large bathroom. TV was widescreen with sufficient channels.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Hank R
John_Mesen, General Manager at The Tombstone Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Hi Hank R! Thank you for staying with us at the Grand! I do appreciate that you took time during your visit to analyze our operation and to share your views about the property. We are always looking to improve so please continue to provide us with your feedback. Travels safe and I hope we see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tombstone
Tombstone Monument Ranch
#1 of 9 in Tombstone
Tombstone Sagebrush Inn
Tombstone Sagebrush Inn
#6 of 9 in Tombstone

Been to The Tombstone Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!