“Nice Mnodern Hotel in a Quiet Spot Near Town”

The Tombstone Grand Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Tombstone
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We had kind of expected The Grand Hotel to be a restored old hotel, but this one is nice and new, a few minutes outside of Tombstone which actually turned out to be kind of nice. Although you can't walk over to the gunfights, it's a lot more peaceful than staying right in town.

Pleasant helpful people. A good enough, but kind of generic, breakfast bar, and the price sure is right (it's included).

1  Thank Rick628
John_Mesen, General Manager at The Tombstone Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Hi Rick628! Thank you for taking a moment to review your stay with us! I do appreciate the kind words about our modern facility and will be sure to pass them along to our team. Please let me know if you have suggestions on how we can improve our breakfast service as we certainly want all areas of every stay to be top-notch. Travel safely and I hope we see you again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel really does live up to its name! It was quite, the room was very clean and nice. The service was friendly but best of all, the breakfast was amazing! When you get full from a hotels breakfast, you know its good and the service was kept it clean and well stocked and the ladies were on top of refilling everything. The hotel is right down the street from Boothill which comes before the actual town of Tombstone. Perfect location. If we ever are in the area again, we will be staying here!! We stayed on the 1st floor. It was quite but it was a little bit of a walk from the entrance but its ok it was very nice but I recommend a luggage cart like we did. April is the perfect month to visit and during a weekday. It was quite and not too hot.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank e5wife01
John_Mesen, General Manager at The Tombstone Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Hi e5wife01! Thank you for staying with us! I appreciate the details that you included in your review and I hope they prove helpful to other travelers. I know my team will be pleased to hear that they made such a positive impression on you and I hope we do see you again in Tombstone. Travel safely!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

hotel very nice well located ,staff very friendly and helpfull.
very nice swimming pool ,good breakfast,large parking area,very quite for
sleeping, very good experience I recomend this hotel to all.
the only lack is the lift for the first floor

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Magnani M

Hello Magnani M! Thank you for writing a review and for your kind words which I will share with my team. I do appreciate that you pointed out some of the amenities you enjoyed and I was pleased to hear that our team was friendly and helpful. If you return in the future, please know that we are more than happy to assist with carrying luggage for you due to our lack of an elevator. Please let us know if you have any ideas for us.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

My husband and I were given a very spacious room on the second floor. There's a nice view out the back of the hotel to watch the sunset. The breakfast was average buffet food, nothing special but started your day off pretty well. The one big problem was that the room was never really cleaned very well in the 5 days we spent there. The cleaning staff changed daily. On the 5th and final day there were two college age young men "cleaning" the rooms. In my experience, college age boys whether in a dorm or at home, are not particularly interested in cleanliness. The sink was obviously not cleaned around the faucets every day. There were mineral deposits growing each day. There was a couple of dirty spots on the bathroom tile when we arrived that remained until I cleaned the spots myself. Dust on the lamps and a small frig on top of an end table with the lamp on top of it on our arrival. Made us wonder if the room was cleaned at all before our arrival. The hotel is about a mile and a half from the center of town. The hotel was in a quiet location, near boot hill. I also heard that the hotel was in the process of being sold so that might account for the poor housekeeping but it was pretty poor service.

Room Tip: There are two floors, no elevator. If mobility is a problem, ask for first floor. They also have a f...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi stirngerOakLawn! Thank you for staying with us! I do appreciate that you filled out a review and sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered. We did discuss your concerns with the HK team and they are working on improving some of their operational practices. We welcome any suggestions you may have for us in other areas so feel free to call the hotel and speak with a member of our management team. I do hope you return to the area and that we have an opportunity to regain your confidence.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

The hotel is just 20 minutes from Sierra Vista AZ where I had to go for business. Tombstone Grand Hotel is located just outside the town of Tombstone and had very nice rooms, pool/spa area and one of the best free breakfasts that I can remember in a long time for any hotel that I have stayed in. Dollar for dollar I would recommend the Tombstone Grand Hotel's accomodations over most all other Sierra Vista accomodations that are rated lower and comparable prices. The only thing missing in Tombstone are fast food establishments and traffic lights. But who wouldn't want to stay nearby the OK Corral and Boot Hill Cemetery ?

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
John_Mesen, General Manager at The Tombstone Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Hi One_Hungry_Traveler! Thank you for sharing your experience at the Grand! I really appreciate that you mentioned your happiness with our breakfast service - we have worked with our team and guests to develop a menu that satisfies! I will pass along your comments to my team and I know they will be interested to know if you have any ideas for us so please feel free to contact us anytime with suggestions. I hope we see you again!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We came back to Tombstone to have our wedding and it went very well. The hotel staff was great and the rooms clean. we will return in the future.
Your wifi had some issues for a couple of days butother then that we were really happy.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HI Russell S! Thank you for staying with us! I do apologize for any issues that you encountered with the Internet service while you were at the property. We did just have our network infrastructure reset to improve the service and hopefully you have an opportunity in the future to return and let us know if we have improved! I will pass along your kind words about the team and the hotel cleanliness to our staff. I hope we see you soon - travel safely!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

After having stayed at this facility for almost two years on a very regular basis in the last six months I have seem the service decline rapidly. Every time I have come tbe last two times it seems the entire staff has been replaced after seeing the same people all the time. What a disappointment to see this nice facility go down bill.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mary Lee B
John_Mesen, General Manager at The Tombstone Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

HI Mary Lee B and thank you for taking time to write a review! I do apologize if you experienced any issues while at the hotel and do understand your concern in regard to the staff. As you might imagine, we are dedicated to providing the very best team we can for our guests, and unfortunately this does at times require us to make changes. Our current team, which is a mix of dedicated longer-term employees and some key new members brought in several months ago, have proven themselves to be just what we need to ensure top-notch service to our guests. Please feel free to call the hotel and discuss your concerns directly with our management team. I do hope we see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tombstone
Landmark Lookout Lodge
#5 of 11 in Bisbee
Tombstone Sagebrush Inn
Tombstone Sagebrush Inn
#6 of 9 in Tombstone

Been to The Tombstone Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!