“Great location and breakfast.”

The Tombstone Grand Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Tombstone
GreenLeadersBronze level
Granville, Ohio
“Great location and breakfast.”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The hotel is just 20 minutes from Sierra Vista AZ where I had to go for business. Tombstone Grand Hotel is located just outside the town of Tombstone and had very nice rooms, pool/spa area and one of the best free breakfasts that I can remember in a long time for any hotel that I have stayed in. Dollar for dollar I would recommend the Tombstone Grand Hotel's accomodations over most all other Sierra Vista accomodations that are rated lower and comparable prices. The only thing missing in Tombstone are fast food establishments and traffic lights. But who wouldn't want to stay nearby the OK Corral and Boot Hill Cemetery ?

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
John_Mesen, General Manager at The Tombstone Grand Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Hi One_Hungry_Traveler! Thank you for sharing your experience at the Grand! I really appreciate that you mentioned your happiness with our breakfast service - we have worked with our team and guests to develop a menu that satisfies! I will pass along your comments to my team and I know they will be interested to know if you have any ideas for us so please feel free to contact us anytime with suggestions. I hope we see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Bristow
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We came back to Tombstone to have our wedding and it went very well. The hotel staff was great and the rooms clean. we will return in the future.
Your wifi had some issues for a couple of days butother then that we were really happy.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HI Russell S! Thank you for staying with us! I do apologize for any issues that you encountered with the Internet service while you were at the property. We did just have our network infrastructure reset to improve the service and hopefully you have an opportunity in the future to return and let us know if we have improved! I will pass along your kind words about the team and the hotel cleanliness to our staff. I hope we see you soon - travel safely!
Phoenix
Reviewed April 20, 2014

After having stayed at this facility for almost two years on a very regular basis in the last six months I have seem the service decline rapidly. Every time I have come tbe last two times it seems the entire staff has been replaced after seeing the same people all the time. What a disappointment to see this nice facility go down bill.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Mary Lee B
John_Mesen, General Manager at The Tombstone Grand Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
HI Mary Lee B and thank you for taking time to write a review! I do apologize if you experienced any issues while at the hotel and do understand your concern in regard to the staff. As you might imagine, we are dedicated to providing the very best team we can for our guests, and unfortunately this does at times require us to make changes. Our current team, which is a mix of dedicated longer-term employees and some key new members brought in several months ago, have proven themselves to be just what we need to ensure top-notch service to our guests. Please feel free to call the hotel and discuss your concerns directly with our management team. I do hope we see you again soon!
Canyon
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Chose this hotel because it is 100% non-smoking. True except for one main feature which is an outdoor fire pit with seating overlooking the mountains to the west. Hotel should prohibit smoking near the fire pit so that non-smoking guests can enjoy it. We never got to enjoy the fire pit because smokers gathered there every night even though the hotel is 100% non-smoking. This was not our first visit to this hotel but may be our last because of this issue.

1 Thank Truman L
John_Mesen, General Manager at The Tombstone Grand Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Hi Truman L and thank you for taking time to write a review! I do apologize for the issue that you encountered in regard to persons who may have been smoking around the fire pit area. Although we do maintain 100% non-smoking within the hotel, we do want all of our guests to be able to enjoy our outdoor amenities. In the future, please feel free to speak with the team while you are at the property about your concerns as they may have innovative ways to ensure you enjoy all aspects of your stay.
Tucson
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This hotel had some very nice features. The fire pit in the back was a nice plus; the down home feel of the place was great, and the proximity to all that is Tombstone was wonderful. I would recommend it!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

John_Mesen, General Manager at The Tombstone Grand Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Hi James G! Thank you for staying with us! Thank you for the review and I am happy that you were able to take advantage of our fire pit area as it is one of our favorite features. Please let me know if you have any ideas for us. Travel safe and I hope we see you again!
Scottsdale
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed in Tombstone for a wedding. This hotel was very clean and the breakfast was delicious. There were many options. My room was on the second floor so I had to use the stairs. Wish they had an elevator.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Cassie Z
Hello Cassie Z! Thank you for staying with us! I do appreciate your kind words and I will share them with my team today. I do apologize for our lack of an elevator, however please know that we are always willing to assist in carrying baggage or any others up to your room for you. I hope that all your travels are safe and rewarding!
Sun City
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I have pretty much stated all of that. Did forget that I am having to watch my credit card for a $2.00 and something credit due to the policy that was told me was the credit card company to add the $50 on when you register then it would be used at the end towards your restaurant bill. Didn't happen! Very confused by the girl I spoke to about this on Monday.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi Lee C! Thank you for taking time to write a review abut your experience with us! I do apologize if there is any issue with your credit account and I would encourage you to call the hotel and speak with the AGM Deb so we can get this resolved for you as quickly as possible. I hope that you enjoyed your stay and would welcome any ideas you have for us. Travel safely!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tombstone
Landmark Lookout Lodge
#6 of 9 in Tombstone
Larian Motel
Larian Motel
#1 of 9 in Tombstone

Been to The Tombstone Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!