“Tombstone Grand”

The Tombstone Grand Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Tombstone
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Very nicely redone hotel with all the modern conveniences like fridge, microwave, in room coffee, etc. The staff was excellent but our group did catch them unprepared. Evidently they had 90 teenagers the night before and the clean up/turnover of rooms was behind. The staff was very friendly though and worked through the problem as best they could. The view west to the sunset were spectacular! Yes i would stay there again.

Room Tip: Western view to see the sunset.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
sierravistamanager, General Manager at The Tombstone Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Hi Michael F! Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts about the visit. I appreciate that you mentioned the friendliness of our team, and I will share your review with them. I know that our HK department was working very hard that day to turn the rooms over, and I apologize if we were not able to check you in promptly when you arrived. We will work to improve! I hope we see you again in Tombstone!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,117)

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Good location, clean room, warm reception at the front desk, very accommodating. Good hot breakfast, many choices. Small problem with somebody smoking previously in our room but staff was efficient in making a change for us and front desk was apologetic like they really cared about our comfort.

1  Thank Roger A

HI Roger A! Thank you for taking a moment to complete a review about your stay with us! I do apologize for the issue you encountered with the smell of smoke from a previous guest. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel and I will have our team review procedures for properly dealing with situations where a guest may smoke in a room. I am always looking for ideas, so please let me know if you have any other suggestions. Travel safe!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We enjoyed the view of the sunset from our room. The room was comfortable and the staff friendly. We enjoyed going there for a short time away from home to visit Tombstone and the sights around. Thanks so much.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
sierravistamanager, General Manager at The Tombstone Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

HI drdavog! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am happy that you enjoyed you stay with us and I will pass along your kind words to our team. Please let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions for us! Travel Safe!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

A very nice place to stay if your are in the area to view the birds at White water draw. The help was very courteous, the rooms were neat and clean, the view of the mountains fantastic, the breakfast was good. The gift bag on departure was thoughtful.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HI Ron/Eileen F! I am happy that you enjoyed you stay with us and appreciate that you took time to write a review. We take our guest feedback very seriously and I welcome any idea you may have for us - feel free to call or email me anytime. Thank you for mentioning our mountain view as it truly is beautiful. Travel safe and I hope we see you again in Tombstone!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Tombstone Grand is a great property to stay at. The room was clean and comfortable. Coffee was great in the am. There was nothing we could find to complain about. We'll be guests again when in the area.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello Richard K! Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us! I will passalong your comments to my team, and I know they will be happy to hear that we provided you with an enjoyable experience. We do strive to be "Grand" and we will continue to work on exceeding that expectation for all of our guests. We will be waiting for you when you return!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Like this hotel. Check in was quick and easy. 2 floors (no elevator!). Stairs each end. Had second floor room for view of sunset and low light in morning. (ice machine inop 2nd floor, ok 1st floor). Being on second floor was not an issue.
Room was large enough, seemed fresh, adequately furnished, LG TV, good a/c and heat and very large bath room. Water pressure was very strong (into tub). But, significantly reduced by water saver devices. Mini frig was very cold, did great!.
Breakfast was more than expected. Many choices. Scrambled eggs with cheese (pre-made), biscuits and sausage gravy (plenty of sausage!(. Fruit, many breads, cereal, etc. Was a good breakfast.
Check out went fine. Got a nice parting gift. Using shot glasses tonight.
Other places ranked higher in approval. Can't see how. Good reasonably priced hotel.
Ok, now the CON - toilet paper was out and I had to load a new roll. Also, a small spot inside the toilet bowl (you guess?). I left it alone.
Floors clean, tub clean, towels looked new (or nearly new) and toiletries were worth taking. How about that! I usually don't bother...
PS: I read some of the other reviews and want to add this. At check-in I was the only one. And, the check-in person was new and couldn't answer some of my questions. An alternate person did come out of office and help with check-in process. It could have been very frustrating if there had been a number of people checking in at same time. Also, hotel was not very busy. So, if it is a buy day, or weekend, get there early?

Room Tip: Second floor, west view and near stairs.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Hi Isle n' Sun! I really appreciate the time you took to provide all the detail in your review. We are eager to hear our guests feedback and I will be discussing all of your ideas and comments with my team. We will be using your thoughts to asset us in improving our operations and the experience for guests in the future. I do sincerely apologize for the issues that you pointed out and we will be taking corrective action for the future. I would be happy to discuss your experience with you anytime.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Hotel was ok but pricey. Guess they have market cornered with only 2 in the area. Was a good visit. Room was good and the staff was very helpful. Location is about 500 yards from boot hill but wasn't concerned

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi Stanley B! Thank you for the review following your recent stay with us! I do appreciate all of our guest feedback and will share your comments with our team. Please let me know if you have any ideas for us and I hope we see you again in Tombstone. Travel safe!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tombstone
Landmark Lookout Lodge
#6 of 11 in Bisbee
Tombstone Sagebrush Inn
Tombstone Sagebrush Inn
#5 of 9 in Tombstone

Been to The Tombstone Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!