“Vietnam vets”

The Tombstone Grand Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Tombstone
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The stay was for a group meeting in Tombstone. I had not planned to spend as much on a room because we would lonely actually be in just to sleep. We never eat breakfast either. The town was booked solid so I do appreciate there was an available room to stay over night.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
sierravistamanager, Guest Relations Manager at The Tombstone Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us! I would really like to hear any suggestions you have for us and would welcome the opportunity ti speak with you directly. I do appreciate that you and your group trusted us with your stay and I hope that we see you again. I will take your comments to heart and use them to improve our operation.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,084)

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Ok hotel for Tombstone, Not within walking distance of downtown. No "government" rates so a little more money but not many options to choose from, Nice pool and hot tub. Nice parting gift. Pillows were great!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi TammyM! Thank yo for taking the time to review your stay with us and share your thoughts. I do apologize that we did not have the government rate available for your stay. We are always striving for excellence and certainly would like to impress you if you return - please let me know if you have specific suggestions for us. I hope we see you again!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We went to Tombstone to experience the old town's evening events, the lighting, everything. The Tombstone Grand hotel manager told us all we needed to know, had maps and flyers, told us about discount offers in the town for meals, etc. The hotel staff, 4 of who we got to know, were personable, helpful, inviting, and made us feel so welcome and at home. Their kindness and caring was better than we had experienced most anywhere else. And, there were games and events arranged each evening at the hotel. All in all, we want to go back again, with friends and family, and to stay at the Tucson Grand and to see the staff again. They made us feel like family. They even made us fresh hot baked chocolate chip cookies in the evenings.

Room Tip: Certain rooms have a beautiful high desert view which is especially beautiful at dawn and dusk.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Walt B

Hello Walt B! Thank you for he time you spent to write such a detailed review - I know that it will be useful to other travelers. I am happy that you had a positive experience and that your interactions with our team were pleasant and helpful. I do hope that we see you again soon! I will be sure to share your comments with our team - safe travels!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

this hotel is so poorly run it is a joke stay away at all costs
poor service rooms not clean check in was at 3 pm got our rooms at 6pm
we were given rooms that were smoked in even though the hotel is supposed to be a nonsmoking place

4  Thank Robert/Adfrein T
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Good hotel for our family to stay. We enjoyed the fire at night with Jim the guitar player . It was a nice added touch. Breakfast was good . Hotel is convenient to all the attractions in Tombstone. We would use this hotel again when traveling.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I made a reservation for just room. When my family and I arrived we expected rooms to be ready waited 4 hours after check in time for one of the rooms to be ready. The lady at the front desk told me that we would have the two rooms side by side. When we check it that was not the case. My family drove three hours and I drove four hours expecting to arrive to an excellent hotel... The staff did try their best but because they were understaffed they did not completely pull it off. They manager needs to be fired. When he was called the night before because of the numerous problems he didn't come in nor did he send anyone else in to assist with all the problems. The receptionist was bombarded with issue all day and night. Beds were not made properly. Our bathroom shower had a penis drawn in the shower walls through the shower scum. Very visable. The next day I spoke with the manager he said he would apply a 10 percent discount. When I checked out he then stated that 10 percent would only be cover one room not both. He never told the receptionist to apply any discount. Sorry to say I stil have not received any discount for the en convinces. We enjoyed many of the amenities And made the best of it just not satisfied with the manager and all the inconveniences.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Cynlynn2002
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Complimentary breakfast was disappointing. They we out of many items by half way through the time allotted for the breakfast. Also the room cleaning staff was slow and not able to clean our room one of the days when we left around 11 am. The rooms were not ready until 5 pm the day we checked in.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rob S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tombstone
Tombstone Monument Ranch
#6 of 11 in Bisbee
Tombstone Sagebrush Inn
Tombstone Sagebrush Inn
#6 of 9 in Tombstone

Been to The Tombstone Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!