We stayed for two days on a Friday and Saturday the end of August with our two granddaughters. The hotel's cleaning and maintenance services were atrocious ! In the first room we were assigned, the room was sweltering because the air conditioning was busted and we had to have our room switched for another. While at the front desk, I overheard that air conditioners in other rooms were also not working. Not a good sign ! In our second assigned room, the bathroom sink drain was sluggish and barely working. I reported it to the person at the front desk who replied that it was after 3 pm and their maintenance man had already gone for the day and that she would have it checked the next day.
The next day arrived -- not only did the maintenance man never show up to repair the broken drain, but when we returned to our room late in the day, the room was inexplicably not cleaned and tidied by housecleaning ! We were left to use the same soiled towels, messy beds and no paper products were re-filled. Again, I returned to the front desk, only to be told that the maintenance man doesn't work on weekends and she had absolutely no answer as to why our room was not cleaned ! She seemed annoyed at my complaints and arrogantly handed me a Trip Advisor feedback card to put my complaints there !
I was stunned at the attitude of the personnel ! Throughout our lives, we have stayed at numerous hotels, but never remember ever having such poor and indifferent customer service ! I don't think the Holiday Inn Express which used to own this hotel would have ever managed this place in the manner in which it is run now ! Oh, and by the way, there was an infestation of large black beetle insects surrounding the area of the front walkway of the hotel and pool areas. Also saw a few even entering the lobby !
I would never ever stay at the Tombstone Grand again, nor recommend this ill-run hotel to anyone ! Don't waste your money ! There are other hotels around Tombstone to choose from.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on top of a hill overlooking historical Tombstone, The Tombstone Grand Hotel is an ideal vacation spot in the West's most western town. The hotel offers panoramic views from almost every guest room. Stroll down to the Boot Hill Cemetery and see how the old time cowboys lived and died in Tombstone. Then make your way to Allen Street and the rest of Tombstone, where the Wild West comes alive again. From the Birdcage Theater to the OK Corral, Tombstone has it all and The Tombstone Grand Hotel will provide you with a wonderful place to stay! Our friendly knowledgeable staff will ensure your stay will be both pleasant and relaxing, as well as providing concierge services for restaurants and attractions throughout the Tombstone area. If you are here on business the hotel offers high speed Internet access in every room along with wireless access in the breakfast room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Tombstone Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Tombstone
- Holiday Inn Express Tombstone
- Holiday Inn Tombstone